New acquisitions

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Replacement Stock lost my two old ones end of the season. They were both sisters 8 years old one just fell over dead on the lawn in front of me about six weeks later the other just started to fade awa

My old man out of the blue has given me this am over the moon shes been parked up since I was born ( 36 years) going to take some time and effort to get her back on the road but will be worth it i hop

Got this little air rifle off my brother,was given it collecting scrap... Gave it a soak,and quick polish,rattle can of metal spray paint ... Shoots sweet, will keep my 9 yr old lad entertai

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, sid g said:

not sure on the age  not seen them in the flesh yet ,  cost me the grand sum of 25 quid they`ll either go with a job lot to a fella i know buys for the pub trade or a wedding planner / photographer will have  them painted for props soon as there on the car i`ll call in at the photogrphers mrs keeps saying i dont know why you bother these days i cant help myself ?

£25 for two quality chairs are they oak sid

50 minutes ago, sid g said:

not sure on the age  not seen them in the flesh yet ,  cost me the grand sum of 25 quid they`ll either go with a job lot to a fella i know buys for the pub trade or a wedding planner / photographer will have  them painted for props soon as there on the car i`ll call in at the photogrphers mrs keeps saying i dont know why you bother these days i cant help myself ?

£25……that’s for nothing that is.

Its criminal when you think about it mate isn’t it, you probably couldn’t buy the likes of that quality today and they would be £200 a pop and knackered in 2 years.

Something like that has lasted a 100 odd years and will probably last another hundred and it’s £25 ! 

A bit ornate for my taste but something interesting about them all the same, interesting enough that they will sell anyway.

For absolutely no reason at all I look at them and think “Scotland” !…….they would look tidy in someone’s country pile hall way at £650 each ! Lol 

1 minute ago, sid g said:

i`ll get maybe 75 quid each on em and gone today mate buy cheap sell cheap move on  ,, if someone wants to move em on theres a bit left in em and a private buyer will think they`ve had a bargain  they would`nt look out of place sat in a modern hallway /bedroom i shift a few to bigger places for towel rails in bathrooms dress em up little side table nice modern lamp couple of books would`nt look a miss , 

Dealers over here don’t take many prisoners mate, have you ever looked at their websites and what they are asking ?……..and they obviously sell it or they wouldn’t be in business. 

34 minutes ago, sid g said:

same here mate theres high end dealers middle or the road type dealers then dealers like me that just work the circuit get on the road and get it gone types my prices were high when i had the shop and the unit but so were my overheads now i work out the back of the motor just a bit of a hobby for me now days i used to try and earn my money in 2 days and have the rest of the week off when i had the shop it was 7 days and  i still made the same money end of the week   ,, my gals does the charity shop runs and car boots hand bags  , shoes   and certain makes of clobber few quid to be had out of it , 

Yeah, I only ever cleared and wholesaled to trade for years mate, then that changed because of cheap new imports, service became a big part of it simply because you have that knowledge and before you knew it I was working for a living ! Haha 

I never understood it because the margin in used was amazing but I guess they didn’t want the expenses of having to store it and lay their money out.

Much simpler to just order what you need as you want it from a “manufacturer” who is shipping it in from China. 
Their dads made all the real money out of used and they just took a wage out of new…..bizarre ! 

Anyway, it all became a bit too prim and proper and window salesman for my liking.

Also as you say space was expensive, my old warehouse was 10,000 sq ft and I used to give the farmer £200 a week for that……now that won’t buy you a 1000 sq ft.

I liked the old days better ! Lol ? 

• Like 2