New acquisitions

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Replacement Stock lost my two old ones end of the season. They were both sisters 8 years old one just fell over dead on the lawn in front of me about six weeks later the other just started to fade awa

My old man out of the blue has given me this am over the moon shes been parked up since I was born ( 36 years) going to take some time and effort to get her back on the road but will be worth it i hop

Got this little air rifle off my brother,was given it collecting scrap... Gave it a soak,and quick polish,rattle can of metal spray paint ... Shoots sweet, will keep my 9 yr old lad entertai

Posted Images

1 minute ago, sid g said:

some of the medals, sashes and aprons unless something special dont make good money so before you dive in do your research , 

Yeah I wouldn't buy anything like that. Same with the masonic stuff, it's pointless unless it's your own lodge 

13 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

I could keep my swords and clubs in that 

I'm not actually sure why any of you think that's funny. 

A decent cast stand at the front door...full of my swords and clubs... 

Could do with a hook to hang various baffalo head gear on... 

I actually think you deserve a laughing face cos you don't think that's normal /healthy /cool as fck

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Haha 2

Had a tradesman call round to one of my places, one time, Dido. Place away from my home town,

Came through the front door. Did what ever he'd came to do.

On the way out, he spotted the Firemans axe resting behind the front door. He looked at me as if I'd suddenly sprouted two more heads!

" Firemans axe, by your door? 'Nice!' " He said.

Never forgot that. Thought to myself, at the time;

" What a charmed life you must have had. Brought up in a place, so nice, you can open your front door to any knock, without feeling it may lead to you fighting for your fukking life. "

• Haha 2

I recently bought a set of EPNS Kings pattern cutlery off facey marketplace for £20!, Don't look like they've been used but were tarnished, I spent two hours polishing them then chucked em all in the sink with loads of fairy bubbly water, Stuck me hand in and sliced the tip of me finger! ☺️

1cPNt4J.jpg

Also sent payment today for a watch, It's the brand that everyone loves to hate!- Invicta!! ?

It was bought new in december last year, The chap had the mineral glass crystal replaced with a domed sapphire type..It comes with the bracelet too as the chap removed it to fit the Nato strap..

w8NH6kn.jpg

It's powered by a Seiko NH-35 movement so should be reliable..

0pp5lpu.jpg

And won some fab Opticron bins last week for next to nowt! (£23 posted!) , They're really bright and clear- Collimation is spot on!

AYlXmcE.jpg

F0XpmJ5.jpg

John ?

• Like 3

Been lucky enough to come across all sorts of interesting stuff over the years, Scarpa Bastiano Sofas, Mies Van Der Rhoh, Eames, Miller, Naguchi, Panton.

Found a lovely old drum table once that some prick had painted with varnish !......a week of careful stripping and waxing and a trip to Bonhams brought it back to glory.

Old 18th century bookcases, 17th century refectory tables.

I used to just trade them off to a pal who was in that job, I was more concerned with bulk and stacking up the numbers.

I appreciate it all more now that shifting 40 tons of kit a week don’t seem so appealing ! 

1 minute ago, sid g said:

now i`m out the job wilf i look back at some of the gear i`m shifted and wish i`d of kept a few bits back ,,i had a little collection from one family father n sons medals and death plaques grandmother mothers samplers death furneral notices  family photos i got the lot from one of the clearance lads on newark antique fair i was sorting it thought i`ll hang on to this but before the end of the day i`d sold it to an american buyer for a decent profit ,,, i had a cracking 3 plank 1800c french farmhouse table that nearly cost me a divorce when i sold it out my dining room shifted some nice french glassware that i liked a nice chest on chest i should of kept and a big old art nouveau sideboard and my 1970s jukebox  when you can turn a few quid on something sometimes its gotta go , 

It’s all about the profit mate.

The “antique” job is something I have been studying a bit, where I struggled was that things I used to deal in had a set value in the trade but I have come to the conclusion it don’t work like that with antiques.

From what I can work out one dealer can make twice what another dealer can make on the same item for something as simple as he took a better photo and presented it better ?.......is that a fair assessment do you think mate ?

10 hours ago, johnbaz said:

I recently bought a set of EPNS Kings pattern cutlery off facey marketplace for £20!, Don't look like they've been used but were tarnished, I spent two hours polishing them then chucked em all in the sink with loads of fairy bubbly water, Stuck me hand in and sliced the tip of me finger! ☺️

1cPNt4J.jpg

Also sent payment today for a watch, It's the brand that everyone loves to hate!- Invicta!! ?

It was bought new in december last year, The chap had the mineral glass crystal replaced with a domed sapphire type..It comes with the bracelet too as the chap removed it to fit the Nato strap..

w8NH6kn.jpg

It's powered by a Seiko NH-35 movement so should be reliable..

0pp5lpu.jpg

And won some fab Opticron bins last week for next to nowt! (£23 posted!) , They're really bright and clear- Collimation is spot on!

AYlXmcE.jpg

F0XpmJ5.jpg

John ?

I got a lovely old set of binos from charity shop last year £9.99 missing 2 dust caps they are kept in my car . They have a lever to adjust the focus . It’s amazing what can turn up from a rummage ?

• Like 1