• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All 5 goldies are full too ?

Last

Just these 2 chicks off the pair that had 4 last time, took him out to give her a break with being early. My kakariki hen has just started laying as well

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, gnipper said:

My first goldies and mules of the season have hatched and I've got a few more mules due monday.  3 other nests I can't candle yet but I'm hoping will be full.

Went in the birdroom today to feed an drink up an one of my pairs of Mexicans that I'm going to use as feeders next round have got three chicks in the nest all with full crops. So that's made me abit happer knowing now that I can trust them as feeders as they were last season birds so trial run first ?. Glad your seasons starting okay nipper pal atb mate 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, gnipper said:

What nest pans are you using for the mexicans? Mine dived off every time I went in the shed but my mates were ok in an external pan.

Am using the wire external pans they sit nice an tight on them nipper mate. That is when you take the cocks out. The cock birds want to sit on nest fronts out of the way from view. Soon as you go there away on the wing in the flight with hen tailing him nightmare very scatty birds. Now I've took them out a can go in birdroom go In the flights an cages hens can see me don't move.