22 rimefire bullets

2 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

You could , but if for some reason ( unlikely I know) the police got a search warrant for my house and found more than the 500 on my ticket I wouldn’t have a ticket. Gamekeepers do have their property’s searched now and then , particularly if there is a poisoned raptor found or firearms indiscretions. You can’t be too careful. I haven’t been searched but someone I know did , and they go through everything!!!! 

Yep that why I said it you were that inclined ??

• Like 1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I pay£10 for 100 cci subs   

They’re good value for decent quality .22’s. I haven’t bought any of those cci subs for years and I don’t know why. I found them to be quite good. Might pick some up when I’ve used my eley’s up.

It shouldn't make a big difference but the reason i liked buying a 500 brick of 22 ammo was it was all the same batch and it shouldn't affect the zero  but buying 50 or 100 at a time they could be all

When i renewed mine i was cut from holding 600 and buying 500 to holding 250 and when i said there's very few rabbits about just now  it was take it or leave it  so i just buy 50 ever other week and fill up my cert 

• Sad 1

The police are in a position where they try to limit the amount of ammunition and guns you hold because the fear them getting into the wrong hands or the certificate holder going “Raoul Moat”. In reality weather you have 200 rounds or 2000 , you are likely to have been dealt with by an armed response unit after 20 -50 shots ? But there argument is it’s them that have to deal with the situation, not you . You can’t argue really.

On 13/05/2021 at 10:24, The one said:

I think they got you by the short and curlies  they can do what they like and know few folk will moan 

I think it depends somewhat on how many someone has been using on average. If someone only bought a thousand rounds of .22 rimfire in five years for example, the firearms officer might think that they don’t need six hundred at a time? I recently had my .22 allowance increased, but I did have good reason and there was no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

400 l,r here asked for 500 to bulk buy and despite plenty of bunnies no not happening. 

So as an when box of 100 but a pain for us price wise.

Though tbh supply is hit and miss can't always get cci seggs or Winnie subs here.

It shouldn't make a big difference but the reason i liked buying a 500 brick of 22 ammo was it was all the same batch and it shouldn't affect the zero  but buying 50 or 100 at a time they could be all different batches and affect the zero slightly 

• Like 2