22 rimefire bullets

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I pay£10 for 100 cci subs   

They’re good value for decent quality .22’s. I haven’t bought any of those cci subs for years and I don’t know why. I found them to be quite good. Might pick some up when I’ve used my eley’s up.

It shouldn't make a big difference but the reason i liked buying a 500 brick of 22 ammo was it was all the same batch and it shouldn't affect the zero  but buying 50 or 100 at a time they could be all

13 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

I should have written £76 for a 1000 Norma subs . I’ve only got 500 on my ticket . So my RFD pal is storing the other 500 until I’ve got room for them .

...ticket??? ??  Care to explain for the confused American ( as usual lol )

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

...ticket??? ??  Care to explain for the confused American ( as usual lol )

My “ticket “ is how  we refer to our firearms certificate and the conditions that are placed upon us . We all have an amount of ammunition that we allowed to buy / store . In my case I’m allowed to have 500 22lr . If I am found with more than this I’m in breach of my allowance and would potentially lose my firearm certificate. Each calibre of rifle I have has  a different quantity of rounds I can buy / have in my possession.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Netmaker said:

Bradford stalker sells them I think

I thought Peter Sutcliffe was dead! ?

52 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

My “ticket “ is how  we refer to our firearms certificate and the conditions that are placed upon us . We all have an amount of ammunition that we allowed to buy / store . In my case I’m allowed to have 500 22lr . If I am found with more than this I’m in breach of my allowance and would potentially lose my firearm certificate. Each calibre of rifle I have has  a different quantity of rounds I can buy / have in my possession.

I am wondering if they can still limit ammunition because expanding rounds are no longer section 5?

1 hour ago, ianm said:

I thought Peter Sutcliffe was dead! ?

I am wondering if they can still limit ammunition because expanding rounds are no longer section 5?

I’m not sure . All I know is I sent my certificate in for a variation recently and I asked to be able to have 1000 22lr and was refused, 500 is the maximum I’m allowed. I will try again next time . It’s just a pain now because my mate has to keep them until I’ve finished the first 500 . 

1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

I’m not sure . All I know is I sent my certificate in for a variation recently and I asked to be able to have 1000 22lr and was refused, 500 is the maximum I’m allowed. I will try again next time . It’s just a pain now because my mate has to keep them until I’ve finished the first 500 . 
           They haven’t been section 5 for a long time . I think the only reason the restrict the numbers you have is “ because they can “.

1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

I put in for 600 .22 and 600.17 and got them on my grant 

5 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

So you’ve actually got to run out before you can buy another 500 brick?☹️

1 hour ago, Dervburner said:

You can walk out the shop then go back hour later and buy another 500 if you are that way inclined 

1 hour ago, Dervburner said:

I got a mate who is a gunsmith/ rfd to order them  from Edgar bros for me , as I couldn’t get hold of them , you can’t just get them from Edgar bros unless you have an account and none of my local gun shops stock them . The minimum he could order was 1000 , so I’ve paid him for them , but as I’ve only got room for 500 on my ticket he is looking after the other 500 . It’s a complete “arse and cake party “. But that’s the hoops I’ve had to jump through to get Norma subs . 

26 minutes ago, villaman said:

You can walk out the shop then go back hour later and buy another 500 if you are that way inclined 

You could , but if for some reason ( unlikely I know) the police got a search warrant for my house and found more than the 500 on my ticket I wouldn’t have a ticket. Gamekeepers do have their property’s searched now and then , particularly if there is a poisoned raptor found or firearms indiscretions. You can’t be too careful. I haven’t been searched but someone I know did , and they go through everything!!!!