410 hushpower

37 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Anyone selling a hushpower 410 after 3 shot mosberg or single biakle with full length moderator 

Just a thought, are you sure fourten is the best option? I’ve had the fourten and twenty. The twenty is far more capable and versatile. Also, if you can’t use lead in future, other than tss, what would you use in a fourten hushpower? Steel needs speed and more open chokes, neither of which fit very well with a fourten hushpower. The ported barrel drops the speed down and the range with steel shot from a fourten hushpower would then be poor to say the least. Also, the choke would need to be opened up. Just food for thought, hope you don’t mind, but having had both, the fourten has now gone because it would do absolutely nothing that the twenty won’t. Hull subsonic 20 are as quiet as fourten in a hushpower if it’s quietness you want. Having said that, the fourten‘s are ok, just not as good as the twenties imo, especially with this lead shot thing looming.

3 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Just a thought, are you sure fourten is the best option? I’ve had the fourten and twenty. The twenty is far more capable and versatile. Also, if you can’t use lead in future, other than tss, what would you use in a fourten hushpower? Steel needs speed and more open chokes, neither of which fit very well with a fourten hushpower. The ported barrel drops the speed down and the range with steel shot from a fourten hushpower would then be poor to say the least. Also, the choke would need to be opened up. Just food for thought, hope you don’t mind, but having had both, the fourten has now gone because it would do absolutely nothing that the twenty won’t. Hull subsonic 20 are as quiet as fourten in a hushpower if it’s quietness you want. Having said that, the fourten‘s are ok, just not as good as the twenties imo, especially with this lead shot thing looming.

I had the 20 bore mate just dint like it , the size , or the feel , soon as I parted with my 410 it was instant regret,I only actually use it for roost shooting on farm where I have to be quiet so versatility isn’t really a problem , a good air rifle would do wha5 I need it for but I’m going be honest and say I couldn’t hit my foot with an airfield while still attached to my leg lol 

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Wow you're almost making me want to keep my 20!!

On 08/05/2021 at 14:33, Dervburner said:

As far as i understand this lead shot thing is for anything going into the food chain. I think shooting vermin with a 410 won't be affected.

6 minutes ago, ianm said:

As far as i understand this lead shot thing is for anything going into the food chain. I think shooting vermin with a 410 won't be affected.

You mean to say you don't turn up to a 200 bird day in an RR, tweed clad and sporting a mossy 500 drainpipe? :D

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

You mean to say you don't turn up to a 200 bird day in an RR, tweed clad and sporting a mossy 500 drainpipe? :D

I don't turn up to 200 bird days full stop. 

However the little syndicate i am in does have a 410 day. We invite lots of people who aren't in the syndicate as well. Everybody puts one hundred pounds in and the proceeds go to a local childrens hospice, we usually get two to two thousand five hundred pounds for them. We usually shoot fifty to sixty birds which are dispersed among everyone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, ianm said:

I don't turn up to 200 bird days full stop. 

However the little syndicate i am in does have a 410 day. We invite lots of people who aren't in the syndicate as well. Everybody puts one hundred pounds in and the proceeds go to a local childrens hospice, we usually get two to two thousand five hundred pounds for them. We usually shoot fifty to sixty birds which are dispersed among everyone.

Hope you’re right regarding the lead shot Ian. As for .410 days, that’s great. I’ve still got a little .410 sbs ??

• Like 1