Grafters diet.

Any lads on hear order meat online only reason i ask i would make shur its delivered properly we have boxes of meat and fish go through us that is just slung in a non refrigerated van though most of it by looking at the labels is being delivered to takeaways obviously to reduce delivery costs.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not much of a sneak mate...he took out 3 tents and ended up in the pond on his 100 yard stagger to bed!! Lol

As far as cold storage goes a decent coolbox with a frozen water bottle in it, it will give you a fridge anywhere for 5 days. I use a Coleman xtreme, took it on a 5 day river wye canoe trip in the bla

Felt fresh to be honest , a lot less bloated with no starchy potatoes and pasta to fill your plate with   , use salad a lot more which has been good to mix the meat up with .    we have adapted

Posted Images

Back working at home for the time being so have joined a local gym.

Started doing the Fierce 5 program but been talking it quite easy, only problem with these full body routines is you don't feel like you've done that much as you're not hammering a body part like you would a split.

I've been using the MyFitness app to try and keep some sort of track of my calories.

Got talking to a fella who works at the gym and he was trying to say counting calories and macros is pointless, I think he's wrong but he was super lean,  in good nick and was soon to be competing in a show.

He says he just looks in the mirror and adjusts his eating habits accordingly, yes I suppose that will work but only after years of experience.

Let's see how I go on, my back has been holding up so far but have felt a few sciatic twinges tbh. I'm really trying to concentrate on proper form and the mind/muscle connection.

Used to do those 5x5 full body routines like the Stronglifts one but you just end up in the gym for ages resting between sets.

Preferred doing 5/3/1 and using the app to take the planning out of it lol.

WWW.T-NATION.COM

Jim Wendler's 5/3/1/ program promises slow and steady gains that will eventually turn you into the strongest guy in the...

4 minutes ago, MH1 said:

Used to do those 5x5 full body routines like the Stronglifts one but you just end up in the gym for ages resting between sets.

Preferred doing 5/3/1 and using the app to take the planning out of it lol.

WWW.T-NATION.COM

Jim Wendler's 5/3/1/ program promises slow and steady gains that will eventually turn you into the strongest guy in the...

I've never attempted a one rep max in any of my lifts tbh, I'm sure you can do a calculation but unless you try it I guess you'll never know.

24 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Back working at home for the time being so have joined a local gym.

Started doing the Fierce 5 program but been talking it quite easy, only problem with these full body routines is you don't feel like you've done that much as you're not hammering a body part like you would a split.

I've been using the MyFitness app to try and keep some sort of track of my calories.

Got talking to a fella who works at the gym and he was trying to say counting calories and macros is pointless, I think he's wrong but he was super lean,  in good nick and was soon to be competing in a show.

He says he just looks in the mirror and adjusts his eating habits accordingly, yes I suppose that will work but only after years of experience.

Let's see how I go on, my back has been holding up so far but have felt a few sciatic twinges tbh. I'm really trying to concentrate on proper form and the mind/muscle connection.

It’s called ‘intuitive eating’. Counting macros certainly isn’t pointless, but anyone that has been training consistently for some amount of time will gain a level of intuition and feeling rather than having to rely on quantifying everything. Even then people who are taking their training to the extreme will often still count to some extent. I personally just look in the mirror and adjust intuitively but my goals are fairly modest.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2

ive tried those full body work outs a year or two back....but coming from bro splits ..like you say feels like your not doing enough....and takes for ever if you start adding more cos you think your not doing enough

push...pull ...legs....for me....twice a week ...so thats 6 days training .....but if i think im going to miss a day its easy to change to a half body split ....like adding pull to your leg day......do legs for 40 mins or so ...then do back..biceps...

1 minute ago, TOMO said:

ive tried those full body work outs a year or two back....but coming from bro splits ..like you say feels like your not doing enough....and takes for ever if you start adding more cos you think your not doing enough

push...pull ...legs....for me....twice a week ...so thats 6 days training .....but if i think im going to miss a day its easy to change to a half body split ....like adding pull to your leg day......do legs for 40 mins or so ...then do back..biceps...

Only muscle that matters the one between your legs mate and your born lucky or not ? ? 

22 minutes ago, Rusty2 said:

Full body has its benefits. Saves a good bit of time and your hitting every body part 3 times a week. Starting strength is decent as well I still do 5x5 too range for my compounds on my upper and lower body split.

You're not though mate as it's only 2 workouts, you do Mon-(workout A) Wed-(workout B) Fri-(workout A)

Them meal prep services ain't half handy if you're busy or in a rush or just can't be messed to do them your own self,me and the boys was using them a while back but I've got used to doing me own meals for the time being again in them little prep containers 

As for sugars if bods struggle going cold turkey on refined sugar then put a drop of honey in your tea,I used to be mad on a bag of crisps but if you drop all that out,cut right down on takeaways and booze and know your body,workout the best plan for you and when it gets a bit stale and you start to stagnate,change it up 

Can't beat a proper diet of good wholesome nutritious food,plenty of fruit and veg,bit of creatine and just the will power and discipline to stick it all out - even if I have a Take away I try and have a chicken shish,no chips an that,or an Indian,no bread,no chips or sides, but of course you've got to have your moments where you f**k it all off and get a lovely plate of grub with all the trimmings 

Proper diet,plenty of water,honey instead of sugar and plenty of pull ups,push ups,burpees,squats,boxing and the compound weight lifts have always seen me right ?

Edited by Billy b
  • Like 1

It's nice to actually follow a plan to a t instead of omitting certain exercises as they take time to learn.

For the last couple of weeks I was substituting front squats with the leg press but today I did it for the first time. Felt a little awkward I admit but I think my form was correct.

It would be nice to have a spotter, someone who really knows what they're doing but hey ho.

Just now, Greb147 said:

It's nice to actually follow a plan to a t instead of omitting certain exercises as they take time to learn.

For the last couple of weeks I was substituting front squats with the leg press but today I did it for the first time. Felt a little awkward I admit but I think my form was correct.

It would be nice to have a spotter, someone who really knows what they're doing but hey ho.

Edit- still this full body routine feels like I'm hardly doing anything ATM, the only exercises that seem to be getting my juices flowing are the squats, pendlay rows and romanian deadlift.

7 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Edit- still this full body routine feels like I'm hardly doing anything ATM, the only exercises that seem to be getting my juices flowing are the squats, pendlay rows and romanian deadlift.

f**k it off then and do upper/lower split. You've got to have some faith in your training or you're just adding another hurdle to sustaining it. And that seems to be one of the foundations to achieving anything, sustainability. Belief is a strong and enduring motivator.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

f**k it off then and do upper/lower split. You've got to have some faith in your training or you're just adding another hurdle to sustaining it. And that seems to be one of the foundations to achieving anything, sustainability. Belief is a strong and enduring motivator.

I'm gonna stick with it mate, every week I'm adding 5lb per exercise for the upper body and 10lb for the lower body. As long as I'm adding weight I will see progress, it's surprising how many people don't even track what they're doing.

• Like 2