Grafters diet.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not much of a sneak mate...he took out 3 tents and ended up in the pond on his 100 yard stagger to bed!! Lol

As far as cold storage goes a decent coolbox with a frozen water bottle in it, it will give you a fridge anywhere for 5 days. I use a Coleman xtreme, took it on a 5 day river wye canoe trip in the bla

Felt fresh to be honest , a lot less bloated with no starchy potatoes and pasta to fill your plate with   , use salad a lot more which has been good to mix the meat up with .    we have adapted

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, sid g said:

lads i used to worked away with took a whole cooked chicken boiled eggs and pasta  i guess things have moved on .. 

Used to be a few slices of bread and dripping and a bottle full of water for me when i worked down the pit.?

• Haha 1

As far as cold storage goes a decent coolbox with a frozen water bottle in it, it will give you a fridge anywhere for 5 days. I use a Coleman xtreme, took it on a 5 day river wye canoe trip in the blazing sun and food was still cool inside when I got home. 

With that and a camp stove there not much you can't cook

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, sid g said:

couple of lads i know do kick boxing they have it all cooked and delivered to the hotel when they work away ,,,

Yeah, it will be something similar to what Gnasher posted. 

It's mainly through the day at work, breakfast is fine, I can have oats with peanut butter/honey and fruit. 

Basically I won't to get my calories in without using junk or processed foods asx a filler. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Rusty2 said:

I'm on 2200 just now to try and shift lockdown weight. Eating good foods and tracking everything on my fitness pal. Have beers and a treat on a saturday night. But through the week I have a cam of Pepsi max a day with dinner . Takes away the sweet cravings and has zero sugar or calories. 

Dont know how much you ate before but I couldn't have jumped to 2200 right away I went to 2600 then when I stalled I dropped to 2200 and I've added cardio as well.

No idea atm as I don't track my food. 

2200 is the most extreme cut within reason, it would probably be more realistic if I ate more on a cut. 

As long as I'm getting enough protein I should be OK. 

Like I said I'm going to be boxing training for the most part, not thinking of hitting the weights. 

I'll probably do body weight exercises on non training days. 

21 minutes ago, Tyla said:

As far as cold storage goes a decent coolbox with a frozen water bottle in it, it will give you a fridge anywhere for 5 days. I use a Coleman xtreme, took it on a 5 day river wye canoe trip in the blazing sun and food was still cool inside when I got home. 

With that and a camp stove there not much you can't cook

That's very impressive mate 5 days ?

18 hours ago, socks said:

There were times on tours that I lived on them for weeks at a time and we were literally working 18 hour days covering serious mileage jumping big weights in extreme heat and I kept my body weight pretty steady. 

After a season get to  March I’m about 3/4 a stone lighter then when I started 15 an half bit of reserves ?  I’d be a f***ing skeleton if in the army hot country’s ? 

Africa clothes hanging off em or worse ww1 France lol gaunt ?C2BE533D-54CD-4AB9-A6AC-A6CCB02DEF73.png.7be01f146390951b0fafca83be36a432.png54AF5D8B-EA67-4F03-AF11-DCD8DAF49FDA.png.b8b1201d9f13d43fb11ba240eab07eba.png 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Tyla said:

I was amazed how good it was, I was expecting to be buying ice on the way but there was no need 

That's got to be better than them 12v car plug in 1's..I was given 1 of these old cooler box's a few years ago..I will try the frozen bottle in that mate .

882789777_Screenshot_20210508-1344572.png.7e712ba56369a4557b019fe02c90bf82.png

4 minutes ago, king said:

That's got to be better than them 12v car plug in 1's..I was given 1 of these old cooler box's a few years ago..I will try the frozen bottle in that mate .

882789777_Screenshot_20210508-1344572.png.7e712ba56369a4557b019fe02c90bf82.png

I've tried the 12v ones, they are crap compared to the Coleman. I think its one of those things where you get what you lay for, the Coleman xtreme is nearly £100 for a big one but it actually works. You can buy same size generic one for half the price but they just don't work as well

4 minutes ago, Tyla said:

I've tried the 12v ones, they are crap compared to the Coleman. I think its one of those things where you get what you lay for, the Coleman xtreme is nearly £100 for a big one but it actually works. You can buy same size generic one for half the price but they just don't work as well

It's well worth £100 just for them 5 days you used it for mate..like tent camping milk goes off in litterally hours and the meat etc..how did You find the canoe trip down the wye..did you set off from glasbury..

2 hours ago, king said:

It's well worth £100 just for them 5 days you used it for mate..like tent camping milk goes off in litterally hours and the meat etc..how did You find the canoe trip down the wye..did you set off from glasbury..

Definitely worth it, I wouldn't use anything else now. The trip was brilliant, was exactly this time 3 years ago. Blazing hot weather the whole way, not like this year. We set off from the highest navigable point, cant remember the name but it had a decent cafe. Can't remember where we got out either lol, was somewhere past hereford

greb if your doing an evening meal at a pub in a town...go to the nearest tesco local etc....get a bag of wraps...they will last best part of a weak and depending on the brand are low in calories...and you can buy gluten free ones....buy a bag salad..and some deli meat...just watch the calories on the meat...pic a lower calorie one...and a low calorie mayo or dressing...you can be eating a huge wrap with only 250 calories in it....

pop.....drink low calorie if you have to

• Like 3