lurcher prices

After reading some of the comments on here I can see how easy it is for Antis, CA, along with the short sightedness of lurcher owners to finally signal the death of the genuine working lurcher. 

All this " rather sell to non working pet homes" is completely wrong and eventually like alot of working dogs it will be bred out of them. 

Simple answer, don't breed off shite, only breed when needed, sort your mates out if required, personally I would rather PTS than deny a well bred  dog the chance to do what it's bred to do. There's a reason why the same men continually have class livestock wether its, dogs, horses, pigeons etc, they think it all out beforehand. 

• Like 2

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s more to life than money. Did a favour for someone recently, saw them today and got given a nice big chunk of ribeye, dinner for two folk and same of t-bone, fresh cut, off cows that spend thei

Ive offered to sort a few different members(won't embarrass them) on here a terrier foc ,when asked... all bar the  1 lad messed me about...shitbox excuse after shitbox excuse, ?needed to re-home my y

All this we should stick together only sell to working homes for a reasonable price is a load of bollocks. The way working lurchers get passed about from pillar to post I would rather sell any su

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, shaaark said:

No mate.  But will be in the future.  Got no need these days for anything else.  And it'll only be lightly worked anyway.  ?

I have had big dogs in the past but only had whippet x for years. I don't need anything bigger. always planned on a three quarter cross next, but find myself getting more interested in a good working whippet. 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, zigzag dan said:

After reading some of the comments on here I can see how easy it is for Antis, CA, along with the short sightedness of lurcher owners to finally signal the death of the genuine working lurcher. 

All this " rather sell to non working pet homes" is completely wrong and eventually like alot of working dogs it will be bred out of them. 

Simple answer, don't breed off shite, only breed when needed, sort your mates out if required, personally I would rather PTS than deny a well bred  dog the chance to do what it's bred to do. There's a reason why the same men continually have class livestock wether its, dogs, horses, pigeons etc, they think it all out beforehand. 

If I breed a litter I always keep at least two and sort the lads close to me with a pup for free, thats enough to keep decent animals suited to what I do around me. I would rather sell surplus to pet homes than to so called working home messers....... AND I would rather chance a mating off something I have bred but has been reared in a pet home and  never worked rather than take a chance on breeding I dont know. I couldnt give a toss if you think that is wrong ?

1 minute ago, joe ox said:

If I breed a litter I always keep at least two and sort the lads close to me with a pup for free, thats enough to keep decent animals suited to what I do around me. I would rather sell surplus to pet homes than to so called working home messers....... AND I would rather chance a mating off something I have bred but has been reared in a pet home and  never worked rather than take a chance on breeding I dont know. I couldnt give a toss if you think that is wrong ?

So angry 

• Haha 3
18 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Man needs a nice cup of pepper mint tea and a sit down. 

You need to man up make your mind up what you want/need and stop being a messer ?

Edited by joe ox
16 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Do you plan on breeding any them collie bull greys you keep mate they’re a nice type?

Just now, Busher100 said:

Do you plan on breeding any them collie bull greys you keep mate they’re a nice type?

Not for a season or two ?

I thought you kept or did keep half x? 

2 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Not for a season or two ?

I thought you kept or did keep half x? 

Not after a pup mate just being nosey, I keep alsorts mate first x bull grey dog, coursing bred bitch, 2 coursing bred greyhound bitchs 1 race bred greyhound bitch a jags terrier doga little beddy fell bitch and a black cocker bitch plus a mongrel mastiff ? is it just the collie bull greys you keep 

Coursing dogs, gundogs having been really strong money for decades but people on here twisting about paying any sort of decent money for lurchers bred to mooch and lamp that will give them pleasure for around a decade speaks volumes about them.

3 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

Not after a pup mate just being nosey, I keep alsorts mate first x bull grey dog, coursing bred bitch, 2 coursing bred greyhound bitchs 1 race bred greyhound bitch a jags terrier doga little beddy fell bitch and a black cocker bitch plus a mongrel mastiff ? is it just the collie bull greys you keep 

Did you have halfs bred out of pye or pie not sure how its spelt and have something to do with that foxing dvd? 

I always have a half or two about and have a 3/4  bull pup at the moment ?

32 minutes ago, joe ox said:

You need to man up make your mind up what you want/need and stop being a messer ?

Wow, you really are a c*ck aren’t you. What makes you think I don’t know what I need and want and that I’m a messer. You’re meant to be some self appointed super serious proper dog man and spend half your life arguing with people you think are morons on an Internet forum and telling them what to do. Get a grip mate, it’s f*cking sad. ? now go have that cup of tea, it might make you chill out a little bit. I don’t suppose you’re vertically challenged by any chance ? ? 

(Note the thumbs up)

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Did you have halfs bred out of pye or pie not sure how its spelt and have something to do with that foxing dvd? 

I always have a half or two about and have a 3/4  bull pup at the moment ?

That dvd was made when I was 5 mate ?? don’t kee anything outta the line bred bull x types only outta game bred dogs ?

1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

Wow, you really are a c*ck aren’t you. What makes you think I don’t know what I need and want and that I’m a messer. You’re meant to be some self appointed super serious proper dog man and spend half your life arguing with people you think are morons on an Internet forum and telling them what to do. Get a grip mate, it’s f*cking sad. ? now go have that cup of tea, it might make you chill out a little bit. I don’t suppose you’re vertically challenged by any chance ? ? 

(Note the thumbs up)

Messer ?