lurcher prices

been trawling the various lurcher  for sale sites these last few weeks, prices are an absolute joke, dont think they will ever go back to ordinary working mans prices , same pups holding same manic prices week after week,are the dog pounds  filling up yet, surely all these dogs will not sell for the prices   these peddlars are asking,i know to rear a litter properly it costs a few bob, but lock down certainly sent the dog world mental, whats your views lads and lasses.

• Like 4

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s more to life than money. Did a favour for someone recently, saw them today and got given a nice big chunk of ribeye, dinner for two folk and same of t-bone, fresh cut, off cows that spend thei

Ive offered to sort a few different members(won't embarrass them) on here a terrier foc ,when asked... all bar the  1 lad messed me about...shitbox excuse after shitbox excuse, ?needed to re-home my y

All this we should stick together only sell to working homes for a reasonable price is a load of bollocks. The way working lurchers get passed about from pillar to post I would rather sell any su

Posted Images

people will pay the inflated price because majority of pups go to pet homes. working homes are the minority now......jemima and Johnny love a lurcher to acompany there barbour and hunter wellies. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Admittedly, I chucked the man who breed my pup 400 notes which I didn't have too. He let me come see dam n sire move about, then drove over 4 hours to meet me when pup ready. He sorted first injections, microchipped and wormed. Gave me a vial to give pup second jab (chucked straight away as don't trust myself doing it) and some kibble he was using to wean off pup. He could of happily made 800 plus selling to a pet home, he didn't ask for what I gave, it was fair to chuck him what I did in my honest opinion. 

If a man spends time, energy and pound notes on ensuring a pup is correct, why does he not deserve to have a equal reward ??

• Like 6
25 minutes ago, Budgiesmuggler said:

Admittedly, I chucked the man who breed my pup 400 notes which I didn't have too. He let me come see dam n sire move about, then drove over 4 hours to meet me when pup ready. He sorted first injections, microchipped and wormed. Gave me a vial to give pup second jab (chucked straight away as don't trust myself doing it) and some kibble he was using to wean off pup. He could of happily made 800 plus selling to a pet home, he didn't ask for what I gave, it was fair to chuck him what I did in my honest opinion. 

If a man spends time, energy and pound notes on ensuring a pup is correct, why does he not deserve to have a equal reward ??

That’s because some people get a price they want to pay in there head and think feck him that’s what he wanted and that’s all he’s getting,my mate has just sold all his deerhound greyhound x whippet pups for £450 on the website and his phone never stopped.A lad on here and his pal got 1 each even though a member on here said his mate had a litter of beddy whippet greyhounds what the lad had just lost and wanted to replace.The lad was quoted a £1000 a pup that’s why I say there is lads on here charging the top dollar what they are going for on pets4homes but won’t admit it when a thread like this comes up.??

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, lurchers said:

That’s because some people get a price they want to pay in there head and think feck him that’s what he wanted and that’s all he’s getting,my mate has just sold all his deerhound greyhound x whippet pups for £450 on the website and his phone never stopped.A lad on here and his pal got 1 each even though a member on here said his mate had a litter of beddy whippet greyhounds what the lad had just lost and wanted to replace.The lad was quoted a £1000 a pup that’s why I say there is lads on here charging the top dollar what they are going for on pets4homes but won’t admit it when a thread like this comes up.??

100% 

• Like 1

Going to pick it up this weekend, carnt wait haha? Think the only thing more unbelievable than the prices people are sticking on pups is the fact that people are actually bloody buying them!!! While I was looking I saw a litter of whippet/ beagle 1st crosses. An accidental mating , both pets.......£2500 each , they were gone within a fortnight , who the f*#k in there right mind is paying that for them haha ? first dog I had as a boy my dad got me from a shelter for nowt, was a Irish terrier / Airedale  cross, was a brilliant dog , couldn’t do the work of a lurcher or a Gundog, but would have a bash at all of it and give u 100% all day in all weathers !! Don’t get why folk just after a pet don’t just go to a shelter and get something , that dog was an absolute diamond  

• Like 2

Regardless of the price, high or low, I think a good working Lurcher should be the same price as a good gun dog. To be honest, Im used to high prices as I used to be into my coursing. They have been 4 figures for years. 

• Like 1

Know a few blokes that only breed when they need pups for there selfs they’ve said there just sell at the going rate one of the guys used to sort a few people out an pts what he didn’t want but said why should he when people are selling pets at a £1000 a go he said Lurchers were a £100-150 dog they were disposable but when you can sell at £600 a pup an that’s classed as cheap he said I just sold an renew my kennels with the proceeds the other guy sold at £1000 a pup an they were selling. Makes you wonder??‍♂️

• Like 1

Funny reading this, had an argument with a mate today, trying to get him to take some money for a very smart pup im getting in three weeks, seven pups in litter, lads keeping two, rest gifted. His words “I’d be offended at you giving me money mate”. So I’ll sort some meds for the dogs etc. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The bigger picture to all of this is that it will eventually make the working lurcher almost impossible to find, breeding litters for money and selling to the pet owners is merely dilution of the working genes, dogs bred for all the wrong reasons. 

Luckily there is still a few decent lads around, my son brought two bull xs from lines going back fourty years last summer, paid £150 a pup and the breeder has taken him out several times on his permission since, and has turned out to be a good pal, sadly these people are a dying breed and i fear for the future of the working lurcher. 

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Funny reading this, had an argument with a mate today, trying to get him to take some money for a very smart pup im getting in three weeks, seven pups in litter, lads keeping two, rest gifted. His words “I’d be offended at you giving me money mate”. So I’ll sort some meds for the dogs etc. 

Not funny for the lads that ain’t connected to a lot of lads in this game there struggle to not pay the premiums I occasionally get offered  the odd gifted pup the last one I was offered was a nice pup out of decent foxing gear to a decent race dog turned it down. soon as the pups were advised gone within a couple of days couldn’t take another pup on don’t want to over dog ones self having a couple of young dogs on the go need to get the age gaps between them right or Id over dog my self down the road as well plus wanna put all focus an work to one dog. but do feel a bit sorry for lads paying the high price tags that ain’t got a clue exactly what there buying in to 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, zigzag dan said:

The bigger picture to all of this is that it will eventually make the working lurcher almost impossible to find, breeding litters for money and selling to the pet owners is merely dilution of the working genes, dogs bred for all the wrong reasons.

Been going this way fairly quickly for years, even quicker since the ban.  

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, zigzag dan said:

Luckily there is still a few decent lads around, my son brought two bull xs from lines going back fourty years last summer, paid £150 a pup and the breeder has taken him out several times on his permission since, and has turned out to be a good pal, sadly these people are a dying breed and i fear for the future of the working lurcher. 

? bro I said the same thing not so long ago 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1