6 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Well f**k me - who loaned them a spine? :laugh:

WWW.EXPRESS.CO.UK

FRANCE has dispatched a naval gendarmerie vessel towards Jersey this morning, just hours...

That brings to mind a Belgium warship I saw tied up on the Liffey in Dublin and I remember thinking at the time “Belgium warship ?.......it’s like a paraplegic saying look at my new football boots !” Lol 

• Haha 1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think its only a matter of time until hardball needs to come into play re Europe. They seem to still be under the illusion that they can dictate to the UK.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Well f**k me - who loaned them a spine? :laugh:

WWW.EXPRESS.CO.UK

FRANCE has dispatched a naval gendarmerie vessel towards Jersey this morning, just hours...

I mean, it'll not do their image much good sending a 100 ton patrol boat to face off two 2'000 ton OPVs but gold star for effort like. LOL

This bit made me laugh.

The small naval gendarmarie vessel, the Athos (A712) was seen hurtling towards the island "at full speed" this morning.

• Haha 4
Just now, Born Hunter said:

I mean, it'll not do their image much good sending a 100 ton patrol boat to face off two 2'000 ton OPVs but gold star for effort like. LOL

This bit made me laugh.

As opposed to the normal French military tactic of hurtling AWAY from conflict at full speed......old Roast Beef never saw that coming ! Lol ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I still think Boris should up the ante considerably, maybe issue a statement such as;

"We consider the threat to interrupt the supply of electricity to the Channel Ilses and a blockade of their ports, an of aggression, and would consider the actual application of these threats an act of war, and ,accordingly, have lodged a complaint with the United Nations".

See what Macrons response would be.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
7 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I still think Boris should up the ante considerably, maybe issue a statement such as;

"We consider the threat to interrupt the supply of electricity to the Channel Ilses and a blockade of their ports, an of aggression, and would consider the actual application of these threats an act of war, and ,accordingly, have lodged a complaint with the United Nations".

Cheers.

Word games mate, any mention of “war” would have the EU saying “see, this is why the EU was set up to prevent war in Europe”......total bollocks like but you know how the script would go.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

"We consider the threat to interrupt the supply of electricity to the Channel Ilses an a blockade of their ports, an of aggression, and would consider the actual application of these threats an act of war, and ,accordingly, have lodged a complaint with the United Nations".

Cheers.

Be a bit strong for me, personally. You've got to give them a way out, otherwise you'll just escalate. Politicians say stupid shit and it's probably better to laugh at them in these instances rather than react.

Problem with "act of war" is exactly what do you do in response? The French cut the leccy off, refuse to turn it back on and given we are now at 'war' we do what exactly? Bomb their power stations? Order 3 commando to storm their shores? Blockade their ports and establish a no fly zone over their skies?

Even in the event they do cut the leccy off, economic sanctions and UN action are the limit of hard power here imo.

• Like 1

Still as I say all good fun and something we British love if we are honest.

I have always believed that us British are all thugs at heart, we have been fighting every c**t forever, it’s just naturally us.

Imho every single true born British man is only ever 2 schools, a couple of university’s and some life circumstance away from bottling geezers in a local boozer somewhere ! Lol ? 

Edited by WILF
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Be a bit strong for me, personally. You've got to give them a way out, otherwise you'll just escalate. Politicians say stupid shit and it's probably better to laugh at them in these instances rather than react.

Problem with "act of war" is exactly what do you do in response? The French cut the leccy off, refuse to turn it back on and given we are now at 'war' we do what exactly? Bomb their power stations? Order 3 commando to storm their shores? Blockade their ports and establish a no fly zone over their skies?

Even in the event they do cut the leccy off, economic sanctions and UN action are the limit of hard power here imo.

Its all brinkmanship, the French would be seen as the aggressors in this case, and at least some EU/European countries would agree with us.

Merkel would be aghast at the though of another war in Europe, however unlikely, and even more aghast that it was seen, by some, to have been started by an EU member.

She would have no choice but to put Macron back in his box !

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Its all brinkmanship, the French would be seen as the aggressors in this case, and at least some EU/European countries would agree with us.

Merkel would be aghast at the though of another war in Europe, however unlikely, and even more aghast that it was seen, by some, to have been started by an EU member.

Cheers.

They would back the French without question imho mate, even countries that didn’t wouldn’t say it out loud.

France is a pillar of the EU as you know, nobody in the EU is going to take sides with Britain all the time we have a hole in our arse.

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

That's how things stand now I'd say, any mention of war would flip that. We're doing alright so far and they're not hence the never ending shit they keep throwing.

Besides, as Wilf said, we love it really! And we have Bozza at the helm, the most clinical and lethal tactician the country has ever seen....

f**k me dead! :laugh:

• Haha 5
1 minute ago, baker boy said:

A second french naval ship has been deployed

thatll be about as much use  as tits on a hen ,they will come serverly unstuck  if they aint to carefull ,,

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

That's how things stand now I'd say, any mention of war would flip that. We're doing alright so far and they're not hence the never ending shit they keep throwing.

Besides, as Wilf said, we love it really! And we have Bozza at the helm, the most clinical and lethal tactician the country has ever seen....

f**k me dead! :laugh:

I literally performed the same tackle on my 7 year old at the weekend ! Lol ? 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

at the very worst there would be a bit of boat ramming between the fishing boats like there was in the cod wars i would have thought