France has threatened to switch off electricity to the The Channel Isles and blockade their ports in retaliation for the new, post Brexit fishing rules.

If Argentina pulled the same stunt with the Falklands, we would consider it an act of war, and react accordingly, so why are we not being more reactive with France ?

Maybe turn "Big Lizzie" and her carrier group around and re-assign them to the English Channel ? 

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think its only a matter of time until hardball needs to come into play re Europe. They seem to still be under the illusion that they can dictate to the UK.

Posted Images

I'd suggest turning the leccy off is nonsense and sending an OPV to keep the peace in response to the planned trawler protest is about proportional. If Bozza wanted to really send a message then some targetted marine boardings of troublesome boats would be about as far as justifiable.

This will be considerably less threatening than what happened with Iran last year and we didn't go to war with them. The diplomats will deal with it behind the scenes.

Edited by Born Hunter

I'd think it would be a massive diplomatic mistake for France to actually turn of the power to a couple of foreign offshore small islands. The international community, apart, of course the EU, would look on aggression like this with a very jaundiced eye !

But they have threatened it , nonetheless, by a senior member of the French government !

A suitable reply would possibly be to remind the French of their very considerable investments in U.K. Power and water companies...........

Cheers.

• Like 2

It is a sign of how desperate politicians can be when they have only a year before they face being unemployed. The French fishermen are giving Macron a hard time because the UK have insisted that Feench skippers provide information of their historic catches taken in British waters and they can't provide the information because they turned their location transponders off half the time. Without access to Uk waters they need Jersey's watrrs and that would cripple their local fisheries. France canot bully the Uk so they turn on Jersey to try and pacify their fishermen. 

Simple answer is to boycott French farm goods. That  pitches the farmers against the fishermen. 

• Like 1

f***ing wankers need to be put in their place and reminded what we did in 2 world wars.they owe us and should be reminded of that.yet it was ok for our fishing industry to be decimated but they can not be told to feck off and fish your own over fished waters.

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of the French anyway but, they seem to be getting way above their station at the moment  - typical French arrogant little man spoilt child syndrome. 

I hope to see them and the whole EU slapped down in no uncertain terms.

A few belts of .50 into the wheelhouse of their boats would be a good start.