1 hour ago, fenman1# said:

I was going to get the bitch pup and I went through bosun, iv a full greyhound bitch here waiting to put a Wheaton dog on her but if I could of threw the lad a few hundred it would of saved me breeding a litter and getting rid of what I didn't want/need, so anyway couldn't end up getting her as the lad who owns them don't drive and pups don't have vaccines or micro chipped so in order to get it to Ireland was going to be more hassle. But she was a lovely bitch smooth coated and red any lad in England would be happy with her considering the price of dogs now. 

Just been through all this. The most ironic thing about that is they needed a rabies jab too, to travel between two countries, neither of which has rabies.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never understood the fascination with worrying what others keep or what you could be missing out on?paddle your own canoe...and f**k what anyone one else thinks or says ?

It was a slightly grammatically ambiguous but I suspect this may be due to his writing in his local vernacular..to me it was perfectly comprehensible ,he thinks mushrooms gay .

Bob on that ! People telling other people what to run when they even been to there ground , Iv got a pup coming and had all sorts of people telling me what I should get but hardly any of them have act

Posted Images

Just now, Maximus Ferret said:

Just been through all this. The most ironic thing about that is they needed a rabies jab too, to travel between two countries, neither of which has rabies.

Yeah the thing with it was if it was this side I have a vet that back dates vaccines and rabies etc so I can send dogs the next day passport rabies and vaccines I get for 150 euro but different story in England vets prices are a joke there 

Just now, fenman1# said:

Yeah the thing with it was if it was this side I have a vet that back dates vaccines and rabies etc so I can send dogs the next day passport rabies and vaccines I get for 150 euro but different story in England vets prices are a joke there 

It wasn't too bad in fairness. The DEFRA vet charged about 300 I think to do two pups, vaccines, health certs etc. It was in a very rural area and I think country vets tend to be more sensible.

Pups are here now anyway and are no worse for the big delay.

pupssitting.jpg

• Like 5
Just now, W. Katchum said:

If you really want the pup go get it, take it on ferry yourself, I went from north England via Belfast to cork to collect the kelpie pups, other then costing a few hundred quid an taking time it was a doddle, if you want it, go get it ?

It's a bit trickier now as the rabies needs doing 3 weeks in advance of travelling and if you're caught without the correct paperwork they can destroy the pups. The EEC put a border between uk and Northern Ireland just 2 days before our pups were due to travel. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

If you really want the pup go get it, take it on ferry yourself, I went from north England via Belfast to cork to collect the kelpie pups, other then costing a few hundred quid an taking time it was a doddle, if you want it, go get it ?

If it was as hard to get Wheaton x pup as it would kelpie would of thought about it but plenty Wheatons around me if I could of got away without breeding my own litter I would have.. You done some travelling I'm not far from Cork my self, fair play to you. 

Edited by fenman1#
  • Like 1

TOMO got mine done, 100 quid if I remember correctly, all in. Only time I was really asked for his papers, was at the border with France and Spain (port bou), we passed through 5 countries. I'm guessing now, post Brexit those days are long gone.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Where is the border? An do they inspect your papers? Shocking that pal they never even counted the dogs I had never mind checked paper work, but that’s why at time we went from here to the north an then down to the south ☹️ 

They've put a imaginary border down the Irish sea , basically to achieve Brexit they've sold NI down the river . Nothing is as easy as it was to get from UK to NI now , even stopping plants coming in from England 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
22 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

I think if you speak to folk, spend a little time with them etc and just see their posts on here, you get a pretty good idea who does a bit and who is a dreamer ? you can also see stuff like how their dogs are kept and conditioned etc. But you’re right there are lots of folk who use the old nudge nudge wink wink keeps the freezer full bull shit to make them sound good ? 

I don’t mine speaking to people but spending time with people I don’t really know I’m alright tbh lol. On here people give a impression there hard at it all season more than any other man/woman on here it’s like a contest it’s funny to sit back an watch posts from some people chat shit they forget what they say on one post to the next it all unfolds in front of your eyes some of the people that are trying to tell people what they should be doing or the type of dog they need ain’t even got the dog there describing there selfs an are definitely not doing what there telling people they should be doing it’s a bit of a fantasy land tbh with some people. Who knows mate ??‍♂️. All these little scripted sayings do my nut mate when people start reeling them off I cringe ??gotta let them crack on ?? My only concerns is what I’ve got on the lead is good for me 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, poxon said:

I don’t mine speaking to people but spending time with people I don’t really know I’m alright tbh lol. On here people give a impression there hard at it all season more than any other man/woman on here it’s like a contest it’s funny to sit back an watch posts from some people chat shit they forget what they say on one post to the next it all unfolds in front of your eyes some of the people that are trying to tell people what they should be doing or the type of dog they need ain’t even got the dog there describing there selfs an are definitely not doing what there telling people they should be doing it’s a bit of a fantasy land tbh with some people. Who knows mate ??‍♂️. All these little scripted sayings do my nut mate when people start reeling them off I cringe ??gotta let them crack on ?? My only concerns is what I’ve got on the lead is good for me 

Bob on that ! People telling other people what to run when they even been to there ground , Iv got a pup coming and had all sorts of people telling me what I should get but hardly any of them have actually walked where I hunt haha it’s funny people on here act like they’ve been at it for years and do a lot when I know for a fact they do jack shit ? you could be the best dog man In the world but if you can’t right a good story people basically think you don’t do anything ?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

Never understood the fascination with worrying what others keep or what you could be missing out on?paddle your own canoe...and f**k what anyone one else thinks or says ?

If I hadn’t been out seen proper dogs I’d still be hunting bunny’s with the bitza ? 

you see quality you soon stop with what you have or was breeding mate ?

unless your kennel blind ? 

• Like 3