Any chainsaw experts on here ?

I’ve got a soft spot for vintage chainsaws and I’ve got my hands on a Norwegian made jobu m5 these must be very rare I can find a small article on Google saying they were made for the Norwegian army in small numbers there is non listed for sale anyway very heavy and powerful saw would anyone know what is worth ? I hopefully got myself a bargain 

5FB96D96-0979-4E50-8A28-169D72F7AA81.jpeg

49CC3B15-A34A-4D12-9CBE-A32C7BEF8408.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chid said:

No they wasn't made with one 

I’ve just seen that one on eBay lol , I put it on for £120 testing the water but not a single bite I’ve got nothing to compare it to really and never heard of jobu before  

11 minutes ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

I’ve used it a couple times for a play never again it’s a death trap

Other countries have laws on selling chainsaws without brakes do t know if the UK does or not might be worth checking 

2 hours ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

I’ve used it a couple times for a play never again it’s a death trap

my old man bought me a an old danarm chainsaw about 30 years ago at an auction ,it was all cast metal and blew up while i was using it,  how it didn't kill me i will never know but there was huge bits of shrapnel stuck in my barn door which i could only pull out with plyers ,went off like a grenade

• Like 1
10 hours ago, greg64 said:

my old man bought me a an old danarm chainsaw about 30 years ago at an auction ,it was all cast metal and blew up while i was using it,  how it didn't kill me i will never know but there was huge bits of shrapnel stuck in my barn door which i could only pull out with plyers ,went off like a grenade

I got given a Danarm bloody loudest thing ever and weird pistol grip handle that was all part of the casting.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2