every now and again I think I need to stick a post up to contribute to this section as I enjoy reading what your all getting up to,

the reason I dont post much is im dyslexic and doing this will take me fcukin ages ?

this fox has been a pain in the arse for a while, ive taken a lot off this area but this ones been like Houdini, when I cover the main area this ones always behind me and theres a road in that direction, when I have seen him and the winds been right ive double backed a few times and been like a ninja.. it can clearly clock ir ?

ive rested on a bale before and had it in my sights at 50yrd away, looking at it through the thermal and its not got a clue but even with its back to be its instantly bolted when the pards turned on... I saw it last night off the haystack but it was on to me at nigh on 200yard looking at it through the pard. 

the haystack vantage point, I can see for a fair old distance from up here

3DC53C76-8170-4E26-ACE1-625C4C1DE9A8.jpeg.5be54b19860d27045b3f247d190666ac.jpeg

so tonight id decided im gonna end his luck once and for all with a totally different attack, 

I new that It would be use to seeing lights of motors passing buy from the roadside so that was where id setup... this fox has never fallen for a call or bait trap so it was a wait it out affair but I new it wouldn't take long into darkness before it showed up..

on arrival I turn up to this.. some clown trying to beat the moor race time by smashing through a wall right behind me and I thought wtf are the coppers gonna think about what im up too!

IMG_1852.jpeg.58ea7a9e8b209fee9bd3dfc68cd8d6d3.jpeg

they cleared away before it got dark so I was chuffed about that but then as darkness fell and im getting into the zone a bloody mobile disco in the form of a highway maintenance truck comes to mop up the fuel spillage and lights the full moor up bright orange!!ffs

im scanning the area that I know this fox comes from with the thermal and im hoping hes found something interesting on rout to put him behind schedule, 

thankfully he had and about 20 mins after they fecked off it was game on, I could see him walking walls two field away!

the wind was in my favour the trees behind me and the truck gave me enough cover to know I wasn't going to get clocked so I poured a coffee and had a smoke while watching him make his way over... now he dissaperd the other side of a drystone that forms this farms boundary I know hes gonna pop up any second..

so ive got me rifle in one hand and the thermal in the other, I can see the crown of his napper getting bigger as he approaches to jump the wall.. bingo!

hes in my field now and checking for mice along the base of the wall and I can hear a car approaching so this was now or never, got lined up resting on the bonnet hit the power button on the pard..boom thud down at about 120yrd, the first fox down with the 32grn noslers I've loaded... not a twitch just instant lights out which made me happy as ive never shot anything this light, the pellets I use in my airgun weigh 4grn more. 

IMG_1853.jpeg.c30e074cb4ed4f6501207426726a577b.jpeg

so I went and picked him up, knew I was going to do a post so with having a tape measure in with me tools in truck I measured it.. only did this as there was a post some time ago about fox sizes and this is just run of the mill for round this way. 

IMG_1855.jpeg.83aa06808293cc743b2158c2ad0cbffd.jpeg

anyway thats my yearly report ? cheers

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, philpot said:

Well done Si both for the fox and the report mate.  Looks like you have had a very full day with Jimmy and now this, better than being indoors avoiding the rain / hail. 

Phil 

was a good day all round Phil, was nice to catch up with Jim after the terrible year we've had!

thought my arm ws going to fall off last night after throwing clays round all day  ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

Thanks for doing a write up Si , very interesting and a great result . 
           Have you got those 32grn bullets on the chronograph? Be interesting to push them a bit to see what works .

I tested them but the sun was too bright for the chronograph.. bloody typical, it was a lovely day at home but as soon as I got up to the moor it was blowing a hooley!

its only 5 mins away from mine to this place but its a different world up there. 

I recon the 32's should be doing around 3900fps from geeking up, there were no pressure signs so ill have another go with chronograph before I run out of this batch, they performed/grouped well even with a fair wind. 

tested some 39grn blitz kings as well but they were not so good but the load might just need tweaking. 

IMG_1778.jpeg.a6bad08043bf7fe157c2859afaff0c1b.jpeg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, si brown said:

I tested them but the sun was too bright for the chronograph.. bloody typical, it was a lovely day at home but as soon as I got up to the moor it was blowing a hooley!

its only 5 mins away from mine to this place but its a different world up there. 

I recon the 32's should be doing around 3900fps from geeking up, there were no pressure signs so ill have another go with chronograph before I run out of this batch, they performed/grouped well even with a fair wind. 

tested some 39grn blitz kings as well but they were not so good but the load might just need tweaking. 

IMG_1778.jpeg.a6bad08043bf7fe157c2859afaff0c1b.jpeg

What cheek piece riser is that Si?

1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

What cheek piece riser is that Si?

It’s original stock that came with it ,was never fitted, took that grs thing off cos I couldn’t shoot off the sticks with it and it’s 1 1/2lbd lighter 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

I new you would get it si

took your bloody time mind lol

atvbjimmy

these fcukers on the moors aint daft.. you have to specifically target one at a time!

ive seen the cubs out once and they were gone within seconds and that will of been there first encounter with a human...

I can see the wood they live in but they won't leave it... had it baited up wind put the caller out and not a sniff  ?

theres a lad I know who's got one nicking lambs about a mile away thats at breaking point   ?

33 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I’ve been fox shooting in Yorkshire twice and drew a blank . I went out recently in Northumberland and saw one running away. It’s a lot easier down in Gloucestershire , those moorland foxes are very wary. 

I think a big part of it over this way is there are a lot of lads that run dogs and will throw them at anything anywhere!

I see it all the time, im not going into this one but one of my farmers got shot at a couple of weeks back..

he had to dive out of the tractor and hide behind it while the armed response came!

they weren't far away which speaks volumes but the lads had done one before they got there.. its not just the foxes that keep you on your toes round here  ?

• Sad 2