Applying for my FAC

I've just been looking through the application form  for my FAC , as im going for FAC AIR, it mentions nothing about calibre or silencers and how many pellets/slugs i can stock, im assuming with it being pellet or slug then limits are endless I assume (I may be wrong) ,do I have to put a specific calibre down and cannot find anywhere to put down for a silencer either on the form, or do I put this down in the blank page for Xtra info...

Example:-

Air Rifle .22

Sound Moderator .22

Air Rifle .25

Sound Moderator .25

Rifle .22 Rimfire 

Sound Moderator .22

etc..........

As VM says, no need to enter inert ammunition such as airgun pellets etc, live ammunition for rimfire/centrefire will need to be entered though.

• Like 2

Well it took me a year to get mine back in 2018 , Dorset was one of the worst for waiting time . Now Dorset comes under Devon & Cornwall and been absolutely brilliant . Opened up my license straight away , then 9 months later put in a variation for .22lr & 17 HMR, had that approved in no time at all , plus asked if they could be open as well , he said , can’t see a problem with that and yes will open then as well  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, villaman said:

Well it took me a year to get mine back in 2018 , Dorset was one of the worst for waiting time . Now Dorset comes under Devon & Cornwall and been absolutely brilliant . Opened up my license straight away , then 9 months later put in a variation for .22lr & 17 HMR, had that approved in no time at all , plus asked if they could be open as well , he said , can’t see a problem with that and yes will open then as well  

Had mine since before they changed it all and no need to lock shotguns up and rifles on a chain screwed to wall. So, I don’t know about waiting times these days. Last variation took about two weeks and last renewal was by phone. They phoned about three weeks after I submitted my paperwork and was told the certificates would be with me in a few weeks. Not arrived yet, but I’ve still got plenty of time left on my existing tickets, plus eight weeks beyond if required.

12 minutes ago, Phill-W68 said:

Will do pal, things Will buck up for you mate

Yerr, let us know how you get on Phill. If you’ve got a bit of land I don’t think you’ll have much trouble getting fac air fella, powder burners obviously have a much greater potential to carry much further and will therefore be considered as a higher risk to public safety, especially regarding new applicants who may or may not be less experienced in understanding backstops etc. That’s not saying that you don’t Phill, but as far as the issuing authorities are concerned, they don’t know you, so it’s understandable that bigger calibres will more likely be granted after spending some time using smaller calibres first. Then again, if you don’t ask, you don’t get, so you never know. If you ask for too much too soon they’ll tell you, so nothing to lose really. Get it put in fella, ask for what you want/need, see what you get??

• Like 1