• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Grandad was a herbalist and had loads of dandelions in the garden from memory. My Dad regularly picked up, chewed the stalk then spat it out but swallowed the juice. He said it was good for the kid

And finally made me some dandelion salve, been applying to my arthritic joints for a week or so but will have to wait for the winter to set in before I can comment on benefits made three pots gave two

Used to get dandelion and burdock from the corona man as well for those old enough to remember ??

Posted Images

5 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

My ole granny used tell us about the days they were that poor they put a bit of licorice in bottles water an leaving over night to flavour it ? genuine story 

My mother used to do that, it was good, don't know it was poor thing, was a treat for us, and we weren't really poor tbh ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, eastcoast said:

Chewing on liquorice root ?

I remember 1ft looking twigs for sale in the chemist.i asked what they were and turns out they were liquorice sticks.10p each..I've never seen them for sale since.

18 hours ago, king said:

I remember 1ft looking twigs for sale in the chemist.i asked what they were and turns out they were liquorice sticks.10p each..I've never seen them for sale since.

Used to get them from the greengrocers circa 1987..?

There was an Italian herbalist on Gateshead High Street used to sell them. They also had draught sasperela and pineapple alcohol free "cider". 2 of the most flavoursome and puchiest drinks I've ever tasted.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Used to get them from the greengrocers circa 1987..?

That's about the time I was 12 or a little older maybe..very strong flavour from what I can remember mate..

• 2 weeks later...

After reading this and looking more into it, I have a boat engine to service this morning then I’m off out to pick me some dandelion heads before they are all gone and give this a go for any old feckers with a bit of Arthur will add a few pics as it goes along ??

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

And finally made me some dandelion salve, been applying to my arthritic joints for a week or so but will have to wait for the winter to set in before I can comment on benefits made three pots gave two away to get others opinions  ?

F81DCA2D-2938-4F46-88B6-FCC15872A913.png

• Like 7
On 02/07/2021 at 10:43, Greyman said:

And finally made me some dandelion salve, been applying to my arthritic joints for a week or so but will have to wait for the winter to set in before I can comment on benefits made three pots gave two away to get others opinions  ?

F81DCA2D-2938-4F46-88B6-FCC15872A913.png

Just so as you know i,ll be in for my cut when you break out a deal with Tescos or start pitching it to Dragons Den ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1