19 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

If im not wrong Dandelions are a Bees main food source which gave me an idea to pick a load and put them into boiling water to soak, then added honey......wasnt a bad drink.

Some of the stupid shit ive been getting up to that lockdown was really something eh ?

That sound tasty gnash,do you put whole flower in boiling water without the stalk? 

I'm Gona try it later?I'm all for foraging boss 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Grandad was a herbalist and had loads of dandelions in the garden from memory. My Dad regularly picked up, chewed the stalk then spat it out but swallowed the juice. He said it was good for the kid

And finally made me some dandelion salve, been applying to my arthritic joints for a week or so but will have to wait for the winter to set in before I can comment on benefits made three pots gave two

Used to get dandelion and burdock from the corona man as well for those old enough to remember ??

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Francie said:

That sound tasty gnash,do you put whole flower in boiling water without the stalk? 

I'm Gona try it later?I'm all for foraging boss 

The whole thing mate yes just sling some into a mug of boiling water.....it was all a bit Blue Peter and i,ll probably end up doing a Chris McCandless one of these days but the experimenting part is fun.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Gnash

Dont ever ever start experimenting with mushrooms, for more than 1 reason.?

No i draw the line with fungus mate......i like to keep my nut firmly on my shoulders so strictly berries and leaves only for me ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

The whole thing mate yes just sling some into a mug of boiling water.....it was all a bit Blue Peter and i,ll probably end up doing a Chris McCandless one of these days but the experimenting part is fun.

Il give it a rattle gnash,what does it taste like,unique?,?

2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

If im not wrong Dandelions are a Bees main food source which gave me an idea to pick a load and put them into boiling water to soak, then added honey......wasnt a bad drink.

Some of the stupid shit ive been getting up to that lockdown was really something eh ?

They are the first to flower so it's a good plant for bees and young birds early in the season

• Like 1
On 28/04/2021 at 12:37, gnasher16 said:

Normally on my little countryside strolls i,ll have a bottle of water so just rinse them off and munch em ?

Theres f**k all taste to them i think in the beginning it just made me feel like i fitted in with the countryside community ? now its just become force of habit....though im pretty sure they're quite good for you.

I bet you look right sight, a 20st buruiser rambling along, with one of them sticking out your mouth haha, mind you  I might as well come from feckin Mars, as know fecker can understand my w-ton lingo., don't think 1/2 these feckers here ever gone past Hereford, got no time for'um the more I stay here 8 years this Oct. 

• Haha 2
On 28/04/2021 at 15:30, socks said:

I love picking at the odd plant when I’m out and about mooching. I wish I had a better knowledge of plant and fauna ... 

pocked a load of wild garlic last week and blitzed them down into ice cube trays to freeze .....

ABC4D7A9-29EB-42BE-8ECA-8A9BD168610A.jpeg

I like that ken think I,ll pinch that one ???

On 28/04/2021 at 11:36, gnasher16 said:

Does anyone else eat Dandelions....or is it just me !

The ol woman is constantly having a go at me for it but ive eaten them for as long as ive lived out this way i always had them down as a good Vit K,Iron,Potassium source....good old fashioned immune system boosters.

I eat em regular and me dogs packed with good gear ? yellow bits on salad dandelions with purple dog vilotes dogs have leafs an stems helps the guts 

C24AC554-CB71-46DE-AD84-94E89CB8C5B8.jpeg

6678C4AD-9629-4D0A-B7E1-9FEB9167DC5A.jpeg

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 3
On 28/04/2021 at 23:30, Dappled said:

My Grandad was a herbalist and had loads of dandelions in the garden from memory. My Dad regularly picked up, chewed the stalk then spat it out but swallowed the juice. He said it was good for the kidneys.

Years later he donated a kidney to me and it's still going strong after many years ?.  

Ill have to research that, as only got one kidney myself.

21 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Not seen that flavour pop for years in the shops around me and it was alpine pop around us that was delivered every Saturday back in the day.

Bit hazy but think alpine came after corona, but never gave you the 10p back on the bottle ?

3 hours ago, Greyman said:

Bit hazy but think alpine came after corona, but never gave you the 10p back on the bottle ?

All ways remember it as Alpine around here mate they had a factory in Rotherham in the 70s that we used to raid as kids pinching pop off the back of parked up lorries . A time when milk was delivered pop and i remember bottled beer being delivered to my grandparents it was better for the environment with non of the waste we see nowadays with these product's.

• Like 4
45 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

Dandelion don't care about time

Dandelion don't tell no lies

Dandelion will make you wise

Tell me if she laughs or cries

Blow away Dandelion, blow away Dandelion

?   

Since we've veered onto the subject ..... Could anyone Please refresh my memory on what the Brown " Fanta " was all about?

Not the orange juice. There was that as well. But, back in the day we got this murky brown stuff too. Same sort of bottle. Same 'Fanta' name. Wasn't the almost black brown of coke. Perhaps more 'coffee' coloured?

We'll really need the older boys on this one. I last remember seeing it about sixty years ago. Fifty years ago? Already a dim memory.

Always wondered what the fukk it was.