• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Grandad was a herbalist and had loads of dandelions in the garden from memory. My Dad regularly picked up, chewed the stalk then spat it out but swallowed the juice. He said it was good for the kid

And finally made me some dandelion salve, been applying to my arthritic joints for a week or so but will have to wait for the winter to set in before I can comment on benefits made three pots gave two

Used to get dandelion and burdock from the corona man as well for those old enough to remember ??

Posted Images

My Grandad was a herbalist and had loads of dandelions in the garden from memory. My Dad regularly picked up, chewed the stalk then spat it out but swallowed the juice. He said it was good for the kidneys.

Years later he donated a kidney to me and it's still going strong after many years ?.  

• Like 18
12 hours ago, dogmandont said:

My ole fella used to make dandelion wine that would of blew the head off ye. 

Strong stuff that I'm sure had a few men waking up in the morning drenched in their own piss. 

Used to get dandelion and burdock from the corona man as well for those old enough to remember ??

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Think that might of been mostly sugar and E numbers. Super food for rotting your teeth.

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Not seen that flavour pop for years in the shops around me and it was alpine pop around us that was delivered every Saturday back in the day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, Francie said:

No bother to you gnash but did you ever hear the saying about picking food,always go higher than waist as animals will piss an shit all over them???

Well they dont do me no harm......anyway thats a stupid saying, round here we get these animals called " birds " im sure ive seen them above waist high ?.....squirrels as well 

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Well they dont do me no harm......anyway thats a stupid saying, round here we get these animals called " birds " im sure ive seen them above waist high ?.....squirrels as well 

I'm Gona try some gnash?

• Haha 1

If im not wrong Dandelions are a Bees main food source which gave me an idea to pick a load and put them into boiling water to soak, then added honey......wasnt a bad drink.

Some of the stupid shit ive been getting up to that lockdown was really something eh ?

• Haha 4