A walk with Tilly and a new jill

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a new jill gifted of a mate so yesterday so had to have a look at her ?

trev certainly puts the effort in, and I like how he rates his  dog's he tells how it is good or bad. I accepted no decent numbers long ago. it's a mooch and at best 2 or 3 rabbits were dog marks, and

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Dinosaurs said:

Roughly how many rabbits do you think you caught this season bud? You've certainly had some good hauls. Atb

I don’t know mate maybe a couple of thousand but it’s not been our best season with what’s been going on. 

DBB7B3B5-49D1-4CE9-9A6B-4A24E38F9FB5.jpeg

• Like 2

trev certainly puts the effort in, and I like how he rates his  dog's he tells how it is good or bad. I accepted no decent numbers long ago. it's a mooch and at best 2 or 3 rabbits were dog marks, and single Jill in. it still gets the old heart going when I hear rabbit bumping about to bolt. it never leaves you?

• Like 8
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

You got to be honest with yourself pal as you know, an trev is just that an honest guy that tells it like it is, all dogs have faults/traits/things we don’t like or things that irk us. I can live with a lot of them but can’t abide some, an most folks are the same, especially if our regular then they see it more often than a dog sat in kennels. Older you get tho the more you seem to accept, or atlesst I do, that’s why my dogs are poo ???

That's how I manage to put up with a kelpie.?

I've not had ferrets for about eight or nine years now as my permission was gradually swallowed up by housing estates. Though, to be honest, down here near the south coast (or saaf coast as it's known locally) it was getting to the stage where I could only use the ferrets from November to February. 

2 hours ago, fred90 said:

trev certainly puts the effort in, and I like how he rates his  dog's he tells how it is good or bad. I accepted no decent numbers long ago. it's a mooch and at best 2 or 3 rabbits were dog marks, and single Jill in. it still gets the old heart going when I hear rabbit bumping about to bolt. it never leaves you?

Completely agree. I found I got more fun out of spending a whole day having a pleasant walk/wander/hike while birdwatching/mooching and occassionaly catching something than an all-out serious hunting session. But then, my first love was always birding/nature watching and I bought dogs because I wanted a walking companion...I just needed one which could walk as far as me.? 

• Haha 1
On 27/04/2021 at 21:04, Trev70 said:

Just walked about today Fred until she marked one or two at home , she’s not a bad marking dog for a young bitch Fred but the best I’ve owned is the old blue and white whippet mate 

She was a bit special was poppy ?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Trev70 said:

Out of all the dogs if I could have one from the start again it would be Poppy for the rabbit job mate ?

what's the story behind the Whippet trev? as regards her being showbred? did she come from workers or did you take a gamble? 

8 hours ago, fred90 said:

what's the story behind the Whippet trev? as regards her being showbred? did she come from workers or did you take a gamble? 

Took a gamble like I have done many times Fred, some times it pays off but a lot of times not ? but it's fun finding out ?. She's show bred with 25 champs in her five gen ped, I got her off a lass with young kids in Leeds when she was 10 month old for £150, she was a pet in a flat but she was living on the balcony. 

Edited by Trev70
  • Like 2
36 minutes ago, Trev70 said:

Took a gamble like I have done many times Fred, some times it pays off but a lot of times not ? but it's fun finding out ?. She's show bred with 25 champs in her five gen ped, I got her off a lass with young kids in Leeds when she was 10 month old for £150, she was a pet in a flat but she was living on the balcony. 

well done trev you have just blown generations of selected genetics right out of the fxxking water??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2