First outting with my hob

As my previous post I recently rescued a pet hob and being unproven in the field I was not sure how he would get on anyway I got a phone call from a recently acquired perm asking if I could do some ferreting (I did explain its out of season but wanting to keep the land owner happy I said I'd see what I can do). So I pack my gear into the car and off I went. On arrival I collar him up and found a couple of small Warren's that I thought would be perfect. Put the nets down and placed him near the hole and after a couple of mins off he went down (I have tubing in his hutch that I've never seen him go through only over) first thought great atleast he's gone down ha after a few mins he appeared and then gets tangled in the net after untangling him I Pick him up and try to put him down the same hole wasn't having any of it! So I then put him down another hole and after a quick sniff off down he goes and re appears this time waiting for me to lift the net but unfortunately there was nowt in the first Warren. We moved to the next one laid the nets etc and after 5 mins a bunny bolted what a feeling! After that it went quiet and decided to give him drink and to call it a day. When we got home first thing he did... Go through the tubing ?. This is my first time out in years and my hobs first time working so I'm really happy with how it all went ? all the best Chris 

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Mooseontheloose said:

As my previous post I recently rescued a pet hob and being unproven in the field I was not sure how he would get on anyway I got a phone call from a recently acquired perm asking if I could do some ferreting (I did explain its out of season but wanting to keep the land owner happy I said I'd see what I can do). So I pack my gear into the car and off I went. On arrival I collar him up and found a couple of small Warren's that I thought would be perfect. Put the nets down and placed him near the hole and after a couple of mins off he went down (I have tubing in his hutch that I've never seen him go through only over) first thought great atleast he's gone down ha after a few mins he appeared and then gets tangled in the net after untangling him I Pick him up and try to put him down the same hole wasn't having any of it! So I then put him down another hole and after a quick sniff off down he goes and re appears this time waiting for me to lift the net but unfortunately there was nowt in the first Warren. We moved to the next one laid the nets etc and after 5 mins a bunny bolted what a feeling! After that it went quiet and decided to give him drink and to call it a day. When we got home first thing he did... Go through the tubing ?. This is my first time out in years and my hobs first time working so I'm really happy with how it all went ? all the best Chris 

Spot on mate. Sounds like you enjoyed the day! ?

• Like 1

Thats great mate, I can remember the first rabbit I ever caught in a net. I was on my own cos my mate had got fedup after weeks of nothing (not many about round our way in the late 70s. I was made up, theres a great feeling. Good luck with him.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Excellent post that pal, start getting the odd pic an you will look back in years an laugh about your adventures ?

had few hours out ourself today till rain interrupted play, few more days then it’s pack up time ?5671E00D-7821-4000-A78B-85708A972E85.jpeg.97ff28140b255c5d3c05fb6583898aa1.jpeg70E999E3-C7F7-44ED-A99B-94B1824BAC89.jpeg.a416c73b91fac7572f853bc6c82fd3e6.jpeg

Cheers mate I will next time decided to leave my phone in the car as its another distraction. I'm gunna do one more visit then call it a day til September. 

• Like 1