Pre-workouts.

Started training finally for the first time in ages. 

Do any of you boys recommend any pre-workouts that are either caffeine free or contain low amounts of caffeine. 

Do they actually make a difference? 

I'm up at the crack of bird shit monday morning and have a long day at work, to top it off kip isn't the best with having a new baby so as you can imagine not feeling it on a Monday. 

I'm not interested in class a drugs or sniffing the cleaners knickers before you ask. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was once on an exercise , sat on my Bergan  in the middle of some wood waiting to move off onto the next serial , as we did our radio check , we were f***ing about with the batteries , getting the r

just do an honest days graft..no need for energy drinks and the gym unless your one of them vain looking cnuts that spends its life looking in a.mirror and wearing your kid sisters gym wear ??

Minge ???    

Posted Images

I wouldn’t take any after 5pm ish 

I don’t know if they work but for me , when I’m at work and it’s a circuit or a short work out they benefit me . 

personally I get a lot more out of phys that’s low impact and low lead (but more often if that makes sense )and before hand I need to stretch properly 

the pre workouts for me aren’t a starting point . I’m back in full time now and I’ve done three sessions last week . each of them I’ve stretched properly , completed amrap and Emom type Wods and I feel fresh 

i take a half a recommended dose pre w o shake in the same volume water . 

post workout I’m straight into a recovery drink and feel fresher for it 

1 minute ago, TOMO said:

cant help you never bothered with them ....apart from ultimate orange 25 year ago.....

if im honest i can never understand why lads bother ....

Because i imagine they give you a boost when feeling tired, some lads swear by them. 

Now I'm not sure if it's possible to get that boost with little to no caffeine. 

1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I wouldn’t take any after 5pm ish 

I don’t know if they work but for me , when I’m at work and it’s a circuit or a short work out they benefit me . 

personally I get a lot more out of phys that’s low impact and low lead (but more often if that makes sense )and before hand I need to stretch properly 

the pre workouts for me aren’t a starting point . I’m back in full time now and I’ve done three sessions last week . each of them I’ve stretched properly , completed amrap and Emom type Wods and I feel fresh 

i take a half a recommended dose pre w o shake in the same volume water . 

post workout I’m straight into a recovery drink and feel fresher for it 

I'm training from around 5:30pm, it's mainly just for that Monday session, up at 4:30, 2 hour drive to work and then wrapping up at around 4-5pm, need that kick. 

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

I tried one an it took me straight back to the teenage days an trying speed, fcuk that, I’ll do it meself ?

Yeah, my mate says the shit he takes gives him tingles, fcuk knows what's in it. 

Caffeine an Taurine an stuff, I bet there’s summat dodgy in em tho that ain’t on label, or marked as some number, I felt physically sick, an j get it was first time but sack that, defeats purpose of keeping healthy imho ?

That's it, I imagine that much caffeine and God knows what else isn't too clever on the ticker, heard of them giving lads palpitations and what not. 

I deffo had palpitations an stuff an actually spewed half way through a work out I normally do with little problem truth be told, missus takes me for cardio an does okay but I’ll stick to a decent shake ??

Just been reading up on them and going to fcuk them off, many contain more than the recommended daily caffeine intake. 

I would say your taking them for the wrong reasons mate , two or three weeks good training will put you right first . 

No explode won’t put 20 kg on the bar or take 30 secs off your time , it’s not that type of product , it’s more to allow you increase your workout length and give you more focus during . 

If your doing any cardio I wouldn’t recommend at all 

• Like 1