I really do love chickpeas. As a healthy option, they are cheap and nutritious. Major plus side, if you cook them properly, they take on flavours really well.

I find they work best with middle eastern/indian flavours. Although some European dishes work too. E.g. Spanish fabada, normally you would use beans, I always add chickpeas aswell as smoked paprika

WWW.SPANISH-FIESTAS.COM

Fabada Asturiana is a fabulous, heavy stew from Asturias in northern Spain which is based...

• Like 1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I was a fish ,I would hold out for a maggot .

Kenny D ,I tried the chickpeas ,I also tried the canned variety ,...meh ..a shoulder shrug of a food ,a bland filler .WTF happened to your taste buds that you can be so enthusiastic about them ,I feel

Chickpeas are amazing........for fishing bait !  

Posted Images

Well, I'm having Peppered Pig for my grub, today. Had a fukking blow out curry, last night! My god; Those chapati's make a fukking meal a stuffing! :D

Busy building a fukking great gate just now though. Got to get as far as I can with that first. Else those chickers will get drained off and stuffed in the fridge for the night!

Well deputy, I did it.  Not had chickpeas for a couple of years, so, bought some today.  Tell you the truth, I've forgotten how/what they taste like, so will put some in with a chicken curry I'm making tomorrow.  Will let you know how they fare.  ?

Oh yeah, the dried ones, so will soak them overnight, a bit later.

• Like 1

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: Shaaark! My Man!!! :D I should have Known You wouldn't let me down! :toast:

Get those little yellow fukkers soaking ASAP! I personally find you basically 'can't' soak them 'Too long'. Over night? Mehhh. Forty eight hours? Hell, why not?!

Fukk it! I'm having Red Pig tonight. Reckon I about have time yet to whip out a load of chickies and ever so gently, gradually defrost them, by increments, in the micro :good:

This'll be a first, for me. 'Red Pig 'n Peas'. Got a ring to it! :D

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, shaaark said:

Well deputy, I did it.  Not had chickpeas for a couple of years, so, bought some today.  Tell you the truth, I've forgotten how/what they taste like, so will put some in with a chicken curry I'm making tomorrow.  Will let you know how they fare.  ?

Good carrier of flavour, so in a curry, stew etc yeah... but can't see the attraction as a side on a plate, hummous is ok...but meat and a pile of chick peas...not for me.. sorry KD ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Good carrier of flavour, so in a curry, stew etc yeah... but can't see the attraction as a side on a plate, hummous is ok...but meat and a pile of chick peas...not for me.. sorry KD ?

Lol there won't be a pile of chickpeas mate, just enough to add 'interest' to the dish lol.  Like I said, it's been probably four or five years since I ate any chickpeas, so just bought 1kg of them, to try in a few different dishes.  ?

Not expecting much though, there's probably a pretty good reason why I haven't eaten any for a few years!  Lol.  ?

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, shaaark said:

Make sure you add a teaspoon of bi-carb to the water when soaking and cooking ;)

27 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Make sure you add a teaspoon of bi-carb to the water when soaking and cooking ;)

I did read that, but it also says it will deplete many of the vitamins etc, so I'll give it a miss.  ?