• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I was a fish ,I would hold out for a maggot .

Kenny D ,I tried the chickpeas ,I also tried the canned variety ,...meh ..a shoulder shrug of a food ,a bland filler .WTF happened to your taste buds that you can be so enthusiastic about them ,I feel

Chickpeas are amazing........for fishing bait !  

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Forgive me, lads. I'm really just making this post as a reference point for myself.

I've just slung Eight mugs full into Three Litres of water. With some Baking Powder ~ which, I take it, is much the same a Bi Carb?

Anyway, I forgot how we finally pinned this shit before. I thing it was @mushroom who finally got me there? Told me to soak the fukk out of them, basically. Then pressure cook them.

I just haven't remembered any real clue as to the times, volumes or what ever. Recording this attempt so, if I do it again, I can run a search on this post and see what I did this time :)

Fukking Love chickpeas! :D Tonight's sunday. That means beef steak, chickpeas and gravy. A man couldn't want for more! It's my favourite meal of the week!

But, I'm down to just two packs, in my freezer. Got to stock up!

No matter how much water, just soak with salt and boil after mate ;)

• Thanks 1

Alright. This is why I started this! :D How long's it been now? But, the pressure cooker pot was looking suspiciously fulsome.

I've now dished eight ladles into the rice bowl. And split about half a litre more water between them.

I love shit like this! Narrowing stuff down to the proper. I'll write out the final 'recipe' on paper. For my own uses.

Must tape measure the length off a roll of vacuum sealing bag too.

Personally I cannot taste any difference between home cooked chick peas and tinned ones. None whatsover.

My chickpea recipe for the Kelly Kettle goes like this; After boiling the kettle fry small cubes of chorizo and pork belly over a moderate heat until they are just about to brown on the outside. Add some chopped onion, red pepper and mushrooms. Cook until the onion is soft then add chickpeas and a teaspoon of smoked paprika powder and pepper. Stir it all together and let it fully warm up. Takes about ten minutes.

• Like 1

Kenny D ,I tried the chickpeas ,I also tried the canned variety ,...meh ..a shoulder shrug of a food ,a bland filler .WTF happened to your taste buds that you can be so enthusiastic about them ,I feel as though iv been the victim of a practical joke .

• Haha 4