Who Is The Best Internet Supplier And Value For Money?

What's happening next April regarding price hikes...???

What pisses me off is you take a contract out for 12 / 18 or 24 month's and get the price, but then they are allowed to put the price up within this period, they shouldn't be allowed to do this. 

SINDASOX 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Virgin for me, unrivalled speeds for the price. 

didnt and dont agree, im just not going to sit arguing about it all evening.  i work in telecoms and sell broadband for a living so know what's what. virgin have poor uploads, shit customer service an

I dropped sky Last month after 15 years,  moved on to BT for half the price and the Internet speeds are great ?

34 minutes ago, SINDASOX said:

What's happening next April regarding price hikes...???

What pisses me off is you take a contract out for 12 / 18 or 24 month's and get the price, but then they are allowed to put the price up within this period, they shouldn't be allowed to do this. 

SINDASOX 

Most companies are cpi + 3.9%ish. 

Price rises are written into your contract 

1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

BT own the networks and main infrastructure....everyone else pays them....I'm with BT??

Open reach do mate, BT that provides broadband is a separate company from open reach and wholesale. The BT group also includes plusnet and EE, they're not allowed any special treatment from OR or wholesale 

3 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Open reach do mate, BT that provides broadband is a separate company from open reach and wholesale. The BT group also includes plusnet and EE, they're not allowed any special treatment from OR or wholesale 

I've blown fibre and layed sub duct etc for ALL of them, was involved in the copper roll out that took over the old Ali ...then the fibre... BT been around since the start,had everything sown up for yrs...lots of their own engineer's ripped them off millions and set up when they opened everything up?very shady industry Telecoms?

1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

I've blown fibre and layed sub duct etc for ALL of them, was involved in the copper roll out that took over the old Ali ...then the fibre... BT been around since the start,had everything sown up for yrs...lots of their own engineer's ripped them off millions and set up when they opened everything up?very shady industry Telecoms?

Definitely is, all secret handshakes mate. They're definitely into more than they let on; our building is getting a refurb and everyone was to be sent home. 3 days before boris announced it, everyone gets sent home. Same keeps happening with our comms being 2/3 days in advance of announcements but just worded different 

Been on the Now Broadband reviews on Trust Pilot and the reviews are absolutely terrible.

Browsing again today and found Consumer choices, they had broadband for £17.95 a month.

Anyway, filled out my contact details and within seconds my phone was ringing, had a chat with this guy and they had a fibre broadband deal for £20 a month,  18 month contract with talk talk.

Had a look at the reviews on Trust Pilot on talk talk and they are all Really Bad as well.

SINDASOX

On 29/12/2021 at 10:41, Daniel cain said:

Dan I worked for cable tel/ntl when they first came on the scene,they were the first fibre optic company from what I recall,fibre optic cabling underground I installed it for years,then virgin overtook it an it turned to shite lol

I loved that job,started at 17,I installed TV,phone an interbop into residential,but also buisness,good times.

15 minutes ago, Francie said:

Dan I worked for cable tel/ntl when they first came on the scene,they were the first fibre optic company from what I recall,fibre optic cabling underground I installed it for years,then virgin overtook it an it turned to shite lol

I loved that job,started at 17,I installed TV,phone an interbop into residential,but also buisness,good times.

Was a good craic at the start...£1 per metre rodding and proving...could do 1000 m plus a day with a gang of 3 and the old pit whinch,got out about 12 yrs ago when the money went out of it...last job I did was houses of parliament??

Ntl/cable Tel ran out of money and virgin took over their ducts and network from what I recall...one person in the street payed for cable...and everyone else had it for free back in the day??

• Like 1
Just now, Daniel cain said:

Was a good craic at the start...£1 per metre rodding and proving...could do 1000 m plus a day with a gang of 3 and the old pit whinch,got out about 12 yrs ago when the money went out of it...last job I did was houses of parliament??

Ntl/cable Tel ran out of money and virgin took over their ducts and network from what I recall...one person in the street payed for cable...and everyone else had it for free back in the day??

Good money to be made tho I was on day wage lol