On 28/04/2021 at 13:40, mC HULL said:

Get a coursing bred  then what’s up with you ? ? 

I’ve had coursing dogs all my life until now. I used to be coursing all the time, but it was hard not too when their on your doorstep.  I’m mad for ferreting and digging now. I’ve got a good mate who I still go coursing with though. 

• Like 2

It seems that places with lots of rabbits rarely have lots of hares and vice versa, got a fairly decent number of rabbits round me currently but hares are very rare indeed. I use a thermal at night also so fairly confident I would see them if they were there. 

A few about in the Midlands. Nice to see good numbers, but then sometimes they just go come the autumn. I dont think its shooters though, I just think in places where there are woods they tend to be out of sight more in winter. When I used to go Beagling the last thing you want is a heavy population where the young hounds tend to keep changing Hares. Fresh Hare isnt good for Beagles, especially the ones that smoke.

I do envy you Saluki lads though when I see a good Hare, you cant beat a good course, and a kill if the dog as deserved it. I used to like watching those Lucky the dark destroyer vids.

• Like 1
On 02/05/2021 at 04:41, W. Katchum said:

They splattered all over the roads here, stupid cnuts ?‍♂️

They shouldn't get out the field with a proper one behind em them plodders getting dragged all over are only any good for speed bumps ?

1 hour ago, Kalibrgun said:

They shouldn't get out the field with a proper one behind em them plodders getting dragged all over are only any good for speed bumps ?

You get the strong ones winter on the seed they pull any dog all over first few mins mate 

you need a coursing bred the rest a finished after a run ? 90% a scared to slip on them on the lamp after December ruin a good nights lamping ? all night driving past them scared they might have to leave dog resting all night after ? ?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, mC HULL said:

You get the strong ones winter on the seed they pull any dog all over first few mins mate 

you need a coursing bred the rest a finished after a run ? 90% a scared to slip on them on the lamp after December ruin a good nights lamping ? all night driving past them scared they might have to leave dog resting all night after ? ?  

Give over any bull x can kill 3/4 a night ?? 25 bends in the Subaru 5 gallon of fuel then hares got old jelly leg dog dropped on top of it haha. Seasons just starting ain't it ? Leveret bashing in t shirts ?

• Haha 1