Advice on binoculars for children.

My eldest son is coming up 7 this year and is starting to show an interest in wildlife and the countryside around us. I’ve told him I’ll get him a set of binoculars. It would be great if anyone here could give me any advice on what might be best to start him off with? Size wise, lenses, and magnification etc. Do they make binoculars specifically for children? If so which are best?

Edited by Diggerman Dan

They do make bino’s for kids but they are not up to much, you want to be looking at some things between x4 and x8 mag because higher than that and he might struggle to keep it in focus, the cheaper end ( but still good quality) is Celestron ( they do them in curry’s ) something like 8x32 at the other end, vortex diamondback 8x32, lifetime warranty, multi coated lenses, really good in low light, will last forever, you’ll just need to check whatever you get fits his face at the minute 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Stavross said:

They do make bino’s for kids but they are not up to much, you want to be looking at some things between x4 and x8 mag because higher than that and he might struggle to keep it in focus, the cheaper end ( but still good quality) is Celestron ( they do them in curry’s ) something like 8x32 at the other end, vortex diamondback 8x32, lifetime warranty, multi coated lenses, really good in low light, will last forever, you’ll just need to check whatever you get fits his face at the minute 

Thank you Stavross. Very much appreciated.??