First shotgun

Hello I’m here for a bit of advice.

ive recently got my class 2 shotgun certificate and wanting to buy a decent all round shotgun.

it’s going to be for a little clay shooting and hopefully a lot of game

I've been looking at buying a beretta 686 silver pigeon max around the £1500 mark doesn’t matter either decent second hand or new.

looking for serious advice only 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Preferably sxs 

Thanks everyone  been around a shop today gone through near enough all there guns and think I’m settling with a  beretta 686 evo sport. 

Classic example of a salesman! ?

Decent gun. Best advice is to go and handle a few different makes. I friend of mine was going to buy a Beretta but ended up with a Browning because it felt better to him. Other people might find the opposite. 

Thankyou mate,

is there anywhere in midlands that has a clay range to try a few does this exist? Or is it just as it feels to start with? I went to a shop in the north and he just wanted to push a gun on me get some cash in and get me out the door. 

Start off at a reputable gun shop. They'll steer you in the right direction and ensure the gun fits you which is the most important thing really.

Don't know of any shops up that way but phone around. You'll be able to tell the difference between someone who knows what they are talking about and a salesman. 

46 minutes ago, Braddex96 said:

Hello I’m here for a bit of advice.

ive recently got my class 2 shotgun certificate and wanting to buy a decent all round shotgun.

it’s going to be for a little clay shooting and hopefully a lot of game

I've been looking at buying a beretta 686 silver pigeon max around the £1500 mark doesn’t matter either decent second hand or new.

looking for serious advice only 

I'm selling a 686s ?

10 hours ago, walshie said:

Start off at a reputable gun shop. They'll steer you in the right direction and ensure the gun fits you which is the most important thing really.

Don't know of any shops up that way but phone around. You'll be able to tell the difference between someone who knows what they are talking about and a salesman. 

Thankyou mate