St George’s day

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A left of field comment possibly but something that I have long thought to be true in regard to the English celebrating St. George's day. I am old enough to have seen changes in England. When I w

f**k em.....2 can play that game 

Tomorrow 23rd April is St George’s day . I wonder if it will be mentioned on the BBC . Eid , Ramadan , St Patrick’s day , St David’s day , St Andrew , you name it , all gets coverage, but not it seems

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, WILF said:

Don’t have to have a word against it mate, just don’t watch it.

The reason they chose a wog is exactly to make you talk about a show that would otherwise go totally unnoticed.

Spot on mate...I was telling the wife earlier.its a shame they don't have a paint drying channel.we can watch the guy painting a wall then just watch paint dry..it would be much better than the rubbish that's on the tv now...

• Haha 1

I’ve answered the phone today with ,happy St. George’s day .Two laughed nervously ,5 answered same back and some lass hung up on me .Try it very satisfying .I used to answer my mobile with hello ,EDL  supporters hq ,how can I help you ,lol,but I’ve had so many bollockings off my secretary I had to stop .If a raghead phones I still do on my private phone .

Not a mention on the radio but I’ve had some mint WhatsApp’s ?

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

I’ve answered the phone today with ,happy St. George’s day .Two laughed nervously ,5 answered same back and some lass hung up on me .Try it very satisfying .I used to answer my mobile with hello ,EDL  supporters hq ,how can I help you ,lol,but I’ve had so many bollockings off my secretary I had to stop .If a raghead phones I still do on my private phone .

Not a mention on the radio but I’ve had some mint WhatsApp’s ?

I used to answer my mobile with "battersea's dog home, you kill 'em, we grill 'em" until I answered once to the ex brother in law, when he was ringing to tell the ex Mrs her dad had died ?‍♂️ Lesson learnt ?

1 minute ago, mushroom said:

I used to answer my mobile with "battersea's dog home, you kill 'em, we grill 'em" until I answered once to the ex brother in law, when he was ringing to tell the ex Mrs her dad had died ?‍♂️ Lesson learnt ?

Yes ,that would do it mush ?

A left of field comment possibly but something that I have long thought to be true in regard to the English celebrating St. George's day.

I am old enough to have seen changes in England. When I was young St. George's day was not celebrated. No one cared. It was not an issue.

All the time that I have lived the Irish, Scots and Welsh have celebrated their patron saint's day. The English did not.

The reason, in my opinion without wanting to offend anyone is this:

The Irish, Scots and Welsh are defeated countries. Historically that cannot be argued with? Defeated by the English and in one form or the other forced to live under English rule in varying degrees spanning centuries. I am not defended the rights or wrongs of this.

For one day a year they took the opportunity to put 2 fingers up to the English and embrace their own nationality by celebrating their patron saint. Far more complicated than that of course and more than one day a year in many cases but...

The English never felt the need to do this. No one ever stopped them flying their flag or stopped them "being English". Until about the 1980's and full on in the 1990's.

No foreign nation invaded. No wars were fought and lost. A more deviant force started to defeat the English from within. And dictate how they lived and disassemble that which had gone before.

That is when the English started to feel the need to celebrate their patron saint. As defeated nations do.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
14 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

A left of field comment possibly but something that I have long thought to be true in regard to the English celebrating St. George's day.

I am old enough to have seen changes in England. When I was young St. George's day was not celebrated. No one cared. It was not an issue.

All the time that I have lived the Irish, Scots and Welsh have celebrated their patron saint's day. The English did not.

The Irish, Scots and Welsh are defeated countries. Historically that cannot be argued with? Defeated by the English and in one form or the other forced to live under English rule in varying degrees spanning centuries. I am not defended the rights or wrongs of this.

For one day a year they took the opportunity to put 2 fingers up to the English and embrace their own nationality by celebrating their patron saint. Far more complicated than that of course and more than one day a year in many cases but...

The English never felt the need to do this. No one ever stopped them flying their flag or stopped them "being English". Until about the 1980's and full on in the 1990's.

No foreign nation invaded. No wars were fought and lost. A more deviant force started to defeat the English from within. And dictate how they lived and disassemble that which had gone before.

That is when the English started to feel the need to celebrate their patron saint. As defeated nations do.

That is an excellent post. And just about hits the nail on the head .?

33 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

You might just have hit the nail firmly on the head.