Lure machine

17 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Just grab an alternator from scrap yard £20 bit a rope and wood done mate ? 

Wouldn’t get far with a alternator from a scrap car mate as it’s not a motor a alternator is like a cars dynamo to produce power to charge batteries an operating lights he’ll want a starter motor??A old type pre engaged mini starter is best as once the gear is cut off the end it leaves a long shaft to add a spool were as a modern engage type starter needs a shaft added or a plate to bolt a spool to the old type are better to wire up an add a trigger switch to run the lure as well as they have a separate starter solenoid

• Like 2

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi thanks just had it out and actually you are right is works very well and is light weight I got it from https://stallionsheffield.co.uk/lures  

Just grab an alternator from scrap yard £20 bit a rope and wood done mate ? 

I don’t have that devil book  mate ?

Posted Images

3 hours ago, poxon said:

Wouldn’t get far with a alternator from a scrap car mate as it’s not a motor a alternator is like a cars dynamo to produce power to charge batteries an operating lights he’ll want a starter motor??A old type pre engaged mini starter is best as once the gear is cut off the end it leaves a long shaft to add a spool were as a modern engage type starter needs a shaft added or a plate to bolt a spool to the old type are better to wire up an add a trigger switch to run the lure as well as they have a separate starter solenoid

? sorry mate I didn't even see id put alternator lol thought I'd put starter motor lol

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, poxon said:

Got 2 mind out u dunt rupture the manifold sprocket

1 minute ago, Black neck said:

Got 2 mind out u dunt rupture the manifold sprocket

It’ll only happn if your using the left handed screws driver while in the other hand holding a box of bright sparks

• Like 1

Dont bother with a lure machine!!! Them rc petrol remote control cars are the same I've just discovered on my evening walk. Couple blokes racing them round the moor I didnt see them but the dog did he took right off after it was quite far away aswell i didnt know what the feck was going on at first ? soon as the car stopped he wasnt interested but it did get me thinking they can twist and turn and go like the clappers so could be a cheaper solution? Not that I know what price they are 

3 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Dont bother with a lure machine!!! Them rc petrol remote control cars are the same I've just discovered on my evening walk. Couple blokes racing them round the moor I didnt see them but the dog did he took right off after it was quite far away aswell i didnt know what the feck was going on at first ? soon as the car stopped he wasnt interested but it did get me thinking they can twist and turn and go like the clappers so could be a cheaper solution? Not that I know what price they are 

Nitro Rc car dearer than a lure machine and temperamental if left to stand unused an expensive when you crash ?

1 hour ago, Saltmoon said:

I thought about doing this last summer. Electric rc  trucks arnt silly money 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Nitro Rc car dearer than a lure machine and temperamental if left to stand unused an expensive when you crash ?

I have no idea about these things but I did notice them both looking at it as I was leaving the moor through the gate but i didnt know if the dog had done something or not so got the feck out of dodge sharpish 

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Body shells are bit flimsy not canine dog or tooth proof ??

There poo poo there polycarbonate?? it wouldn’t be the shell I was worried about it’d be more the tyres on them nitro rc cars with a engine reving to 20,000rpm a dog hits them it’ll be like the dogs face hitting a angle grinder them nitro cars are dirty combustion engines nitro is poisonous as feck as well not worth the risk 

• 3 weeks later...