Would this be legal for you guys ?

So there's a company over here that makes bolt action AR 15/10 uppers and I was curious if this would be legal for somone in the UK to own.  I know alot of y'all prefer the a more classic deal wood stocks and all but was just curious. Seems the ability to customize and have a single lower and multiple uppers in different calibers may interest some ( I personally love being able to play Legos with my AR's but that's just me)Screenshot_20210421-013617.png.80096374d6bbd1272e6910280ef2de13.pngScreenshot_20210421-013631.png.ab959e80d4815f83548c2c124e2142ee.pngScreenshot_20210421-013642.png.2897419d3e1a9de34ecd058a864c025a.png.  That being said I think Blazer has something where you change calibers pretty easy but not 100% on that. Anyhow was just curious in the legalities and what not.

Like Dervburner says they would be legal . They would be ok for range shooting I suppose, but to my mind they look a bit “ military “ , and that is a problem if you are out hunting and a member of the public sees you . They look a bit intimidating and I reckon it wouldn’t be long before there was an armed response unit swarming all over you . 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

For practical competition in UK they have made ar15s with manual release so the action selfejects but you have to hit a lever to close it again. In sweden you are allowed to compete in IPCS with semiauto ar15/AK variants, we also has a Swedish competition for full auto CG45 smg but then you must have been military trained with them (during the time cg45 were in active use 1945-1997)  and live close to a club that use them.