MK2 Collar

Just purchased a MK2 Collar and can't seem to get it working. Is it compatible with the MK1 or MK 3 locator? I've tried both with no luck. 

Am I missing a trick with regards turning it on!?!? Or its just fecked !!!

7 hours ago, David84 said:

Just purchased a MK2 Collar and can't seem to get it working. Is it compatible with the MK1 or MK 3 locator? I've tried both with no luck. 

How much ??‍♂️

Which boxes are you trying with? The grey boxes are marked Mk1 and Mk2 but we’ve found them to be the same. Also, when Deben introduced micro collars everyone thought things would change. Similarly, the 8ft box works perfectly well with a 15ft collar but only to 8ft.  A 15ft box does the same but is used more on deep digs more likely on Charlie. When they introduced the yellow and orange Mk 3 the collars altered and I imagine they didn’t want them to work with the old grey box. I met a guy called Jim Chick (sadly passed) who got well involved in, not only repairs, but also making collars and other bits and pieces. I’ve since met another fella who is getting his head round the repair side. I’ve sent him a box and collar to get on with and am looking forward to hearing from him soon. Jok.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, David84 said:

20210420_193312.jpg

15 minutes ago, David84 said:

20210420_193330.jpg

20210420_193347.jpg

Those collars I'm sure are magnetic..swipe it with the box to turn it on...old grey knocker box picks up every type of collar,ferret or terrier, orange box only picks up those magnetic collars?

• Thanks 1

That’s more or less what I’m saying. That is the old/new generation of collars which Deben introduced against the old collar. The Mk1/Mk2 were the grey boxes with the old style aerial cap type collars. These new Mk 3 are not really totally compatible with the 1st generation boxes IMO. Jok.

• Like 1

DSC_1553.JPG.ce56748469c3556945d24f13f9ce2fa9.JPG

The yellow and blue ones are from Mr Chick..I bought 10 from him probably 10 yrs or more ago..from memory they were £28 each posted..the black collar is an original mk1 8 ft,takes a single battery..the 15ft terrier collars I started off digging with took 2 batteries...I swapped a MK1 box and collar to a lad on here yrs ago for a MK3 disco box and collar... used it once and smashed the cnut up with a shovel..f***ing noise it made did my nutt in? I've got 3 MK1 old boxes in the shed,2 8ft,1 15ft that need calibration... interested in how your new contact gets on with them?

Well sir. What I think might be an idea is for me to contact him and make sure he doesn’t mind me giving out address details, after which I’ll pm you and away you go. He is a lovely gentleman who has lived his life in and with electronics and relishes the chance for a challenge. If you missed an earlier post, he has built his own television, computer and currently builds and, I believe, flies his own built model aircraft. Jim Chick is missed greatly as he and I got on really well and helped each other. His daughter decided enough was enough. Will contact Colin now. Jok.

• Like 1

Just had a chat with Colin who is happy to have his details out there. You can send the package to him direct. Also, BakerBoy sent me a box and terrier collar for him to work on and I believe they are ready to be returned. All good. So. Mr Colin Benham, Blackberry Court, Maidford Rd, Farthingstone, Northants. NN12 8HE. I’ll not give out his phone number but you can always get that from me off pm. Jok.