get a hob the snip

Phoned the vets this morning to enquire about getting a hob  vacectomised was

going to do it a couple of years back but didn't get round to the price was about 70quid 

so asked the vet today he said yes sir not a problem the price is £282 I nearly passed out 

after getting over the shock I said that has jumped in the last couple of year he says yes that's

about the going rate now survice to say I wont be getting the hob done

1 hour ago, Netmaker said:

Phoned the vets this morning to enquire about getting a hob  vacectomised was

going to do it a couple of years back but didn't get round to the price was about 70quid 

so asked the vet today he said yes sir not a problem the price is £282 I nearly passed out 

after getting over the shock I said that has jumped in the last couple of year he says yes that's

about the going rate now survice to say I wont be getting the hob done

You could buy an army of hobs for that cash!!!!

• Like 1

Need to get the calculator out. My vasectomised hob died this winter and Ive just taken the 4 jills to the vet for a hormone jab.  First time in 5 years (cost was £110 then). Their policy now is the whole vial has to be binned once its opened and the price was £82 for the 4.  To be fair I dont think its BS as I have never experienced jills coming out of season so quickly after a jab. So unless the hormone years ago was less effective I imagine it did go off. Nevertheless on assumption a snipped hob can do the job for 4 years £282 is still saving money.     

• Like 1

got my hob done 2 years ago £100 all in but worth it had to go too a vet that knew what they were doing as they are classed as an exotic and its a tricky op apparently they have to take enough of the sperm tubes off and stitch it both ends as they can grow back if not done right but the price jump is terrible this covids got a lot to answer for

• Like 2