Working beddies

48 minutes ago, dawnraider09 said:

Looking to get back in the game,any decent working bedlington lines still about?

For digging ? 

no 

be people saying there is but you have be part secret squirrel club , but truth is you have as much chance of getting a digging beddy off 100% digging parents as I have meeting Jesus 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Elchapo said:

For digging ? 

no 

be people saying there is but you have be part secret squirrel club , but truth is you have as much chance of getting a digging beddy off 100% digging parents as I have meeting Jesus 

Hahahahaha

2 hours ago, Elchapo said:

For digging ? 

no 

Thought as much,got a three year old beddie whippet dog I’m looking after for a couple of weeks ,just as well take the wife’s house rat out with me .

Sad that for the most part the true Bedlington is a thing of the past. 

I'm keeping my eye out for one for bushing as I don't dig and even that's a struggle when it comes to the right types.

A quick flick through the pup websites and they're all thin, poodle-like weak looking animals although every now and again a more 'working type' litter pops up. Stronger, more thick-set dogs with better heads and a dark, tightly curled coat. Still gotta pay top whack for one though and ya can't just judge a dog on looks alone. It'd always be a gamble but there's something about the Beddie that has always interested me.

I'll keep looking.. 

• Like 1

There is thread on here that you may find interesting/useful 

New Bedlington Pup by THE STALKER 

A chap who got a conventional KC pup, no secret squirrel lines, and seems to be doing good things with it in regard to the type of hunting that you are intending to do.

There's no secret squirrel club with the working beddys to ground there's just very small gene pool most pups stay around then who own the beddys , if you read Morton's post you will know he don't dig with his no more his son doing the digging now , if you look hard enough you will find the beddy type from digging stuff , some beddy sites on Facebook Have look you may find a beddy pup ?

3 hours ago, tank34 said:

There's no secret squirrel club with the working beddys to ground there's just very small gene pool most pups stay around then who own the beddys , if you read Morton's post you will know he don't dig with his no more his son doing the digging now , if you look hard enough you will find the beddy type from digging stuff , some beddy sites on Facebook Have look you may find a beddy pup ?

Never been out with Morton , or his son , but

Mates of mine have.

they work fox only above and below.

don’t know the percentage of fell type , and bedlington terrier

but they look like small bedlingtons with straight backs .

ATB ... Tony

• Like 3

Have a little bitch off toppers line but they have fell blood in them keen little bitch bolted few fox’s from ground wouldn’t trust her off lead ignorant f****r only 2 next season will try her on her first testing one hopefully makes the grade ? 

• Like 4