Had a call yesterday from my pal saying i'm going fishing with or without you, without me like fcuk you are :laugh:.We were planning on doing the same as with GL the other day,bit of trolling then off onto the shallows for a bit of casting.We set off in a far bigger breeze than was forecast and that sort of put paid to how we were going to do things as there was a good chop in some places with the wind being against the tide and i did get a cold wet lap full :shok:,but who dares wins and you got to go where the fish are so we cracked on and hit into some better fish right on the edge of a rough bit.Lost a few as we were in a mental flow of water and you just got to hold on and yank them through it but around 30 came to the boat with 3/4's of them being of legal size and a few bigger ones as well :D.Lost a new lure then lost my new baccy pouch :censored:but the fishing made up for it it:yes:,then one the way back we saw 5 CWD on a island,a Marsh Harrier hovering then a night jar was sat in the road and to finalize another grand day a tawny owl carrying a rat brushed the windscreen as it flew past the motor... Work,home work and life in general is in the way for a little while but busting to get back out and our total for the season so far in 5 trips out is,,,,,,,,,, you'd all but one would call me a liar :laugh:...........

• Like 6

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had some decent bass from beach wit waders and patchinko surface lure some buzz when they take lure off surface all returned up to now will keep a nice pan size at some stage nice to see the bigger fi

What a fecking day is all i can say, Green Lurchers might be along later with a pic or two but he might be to knackered with all the reeling in he had to do . Met up at the quayside and had a good cat

Seems to be a good season for bass so far. Better than normal for some reason

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, fireman said:

Had a call yesterday from my pal saying i'm going fishing with or without you, without me like fcuk you are :laugh:.We were planning on doing the same as with GL the other day,bit of trolling then off onto the shallows for a bit of casting.We set off in a far bigger breeze than was forecast and that sort of put paid to how we were going to do things as there was a good chop in some places with the wind being against the tide and i did get a cold wet lap full :shok:,but who dares wins and you got to go where the fish are so we cracked on and hit into some better fish right on the edge of a rough bit.Lost a few as we were in a mental flow of water and you just got to hold on and yank them through it but around 30 came to the boat with 3/4's of them being of legal size and a few bigger ones as well :D.Lost a new lure then lost my new baccy pouch :censored:but the fishing made up for it it:yes:,then one the way back we saw 5 CWD on a island,a Marsh Harrier hovering then a night jar was sat in the road and to finalize another grand day a tawny owl carrying a rat brushed the windscreen as it flew past the motor... Work,home work and life in general is in the way for a little while but busting to get back out and our total for the season so far in 5 trips out is,,,,,,,,,, you'd all but one would call me a liar :laugh:...........

Am gutted the times and weather didn’t work out last year......stop posting please ?

• Haha 3
Just now, bell said:

Am gutted the times and weather didn’t work out last year......stop posting please ?

The spots still here and each year we learn more and catch more so anytime your this way Bass time we will get out and do our best for you Bell.:victory:........ 

• Like 1

With bass it is amazing how much difference ten yards can make. Both me and my mate have fished next to each other this season and he had 4 bass on the trot and I have nothing and then on another spot I had 4 and he had nothing. Same bait rigs and right next to each other. We fish a beach a fair few miles long and after all these years I pretty much know where to be but it takes a lot of work and time to suss it out that is why I don't share much lol

IMG_7537.JPG.12937249ae8620f0f5e523e02cb79666.JPG

Edited by terryd
  • Like 5
29 minutes ago, terryd said:

With bass it is amazing how much difference ten yards can make. Both me and my mate have fished next to each other this season and he had 4 bass on the trot and I have nothing and then on another spot I had 4 and he had nothing. Same bait rigs and right next to each other. We fish a beach a fair few miles long and after all these years I pretty much know where to be but it takes a lot of work and time to suss it out that is why I don't share much lol

It's taken us about 4 or 5 years to suss the area we fish and have bought and sold a few boats to find the one we have now,plenty of effort and a good few quid to have gone towards us knowing what we know .We'll take folk out no probs but i won't really tell them where we go,but the water we fish will kill you,it's a place you got to be on the ball all the time and GL will tell you one wrong wave and your in fecking TROUBLE as you won't stop going out to sea for a good while such is the currant. So if folk want to try without us......:laugh:.

• Haha 2
On 16/06/2021 at 13:34, terryd said:

On the drive to the mark, who filled the motor up? Always felt bass could pick up on the fumes......

6 hours ago, gazjon5 said:

On the drive to the mark, who filled the motor up? Always felt bass could pick up on the fumes......

You could well be onto some thing as I rule I all ways avoided handling the ferrets or washing me hands with soap stuff etc. Of course it is easy to forget and I read some where a bass can scent a tiny partical in a huge volume of water 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Trip out sunday and the first for weeks due to the water being murky and unfishable with trolling lures, water has cleared out and we gave it a bash. Fishing was a bit slower than normal but the quality of fish was better and a few proper ones hit the net as well as a good few smaller ones but most were keeper size.About 40 odd fish to the boat and now praying the weather and wind stays good for a few weeks as green lurchers is going to be right on my case when he sees this post.:laugh:A pic of the first fish landed in case that was the only one of the day...

211338570_522843638959412_3544329227986626179_n.jpg

• Like 5

This is what what was in the stomach of a bass I caught a couple of weeks ago. when I gutted it. 
Never seen anything like that before. 

39C6590C-65CC-4730-86F4-C6559D16AB69.jpeg

F2121FAC-C748-46ED-9CDC-93110B9455A0.jpeg

Edited by robbo
  • Like 4
On 22/07/2021 at 20:49, robbo said:

This is what what was in the stomach of a bass I caught a couple of weeks ago. when I gutted it. 
Never seen anything like that before. 

39C6590C-65CC-4730-86F4-C6559D16AB69.jpeg

F2121FAC-C748-46ED-9CDC-93110B9455A0.jpeg

I was up the estuary digging the other day and 2 ducklings come floating down on the ebb. All the way down they where squeaking like mad so I went and had a look. There was bass hitting their feet, only fish of 2/3 lb so I suspect that a decent size fish would take them