We got a few resident seals where we fish and have to say they don't seem to make a difference to our catch numbers if there in the water or lying on the shingle..

Good luck next time your out lads and put up some pics...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had some decent bass from beach wit waders and patchinko surface lure some buzz when they take lure off surface all returned up to now will keep a nice pan size at some stage nice to see the bigger fi

What a fecking day is all i can say, Green Lurchers might be along later with a pic or two but he might be to knackered with all the reeling in he had to do . Met up at the quayside and had a good cat

Seems to be a good season for bass so far. Better than normal for some reason

Posted Images

This little tosser stole a fish off me once. Every time I got there he would bob up in the estuary and disappear and then pop up a few yards to side of me and try and grab any fish as I reeled in. He copped one in the end and the line screamed off me reel. I had to put brakes on and snap it before he took all my line. Then he bobbed up in middle with my fish in his chops.

I wasn't a fan ?

10249606085_6b7dc9e0bf_o.jpg.9b2ccfbeaf2118c1f276edca862b0316.jpg

• Haha 2
14 hours ago, terryd said:

This little tosser stole a fish off me once. Every time I got there he would bob up in the estuary and disappear and then pop up a few yards to side of me and try and grab any fish as I reeled in. He copped one in the end and the line screamed off me reel. I had to put brakes on and snap it before he took all my line. Then he bobbed up in middle with my fish in his chops.

I wasn't a fan ?

10249606085_6b7dc9e0bf_o.jpg.9b2ccfbeaf2118c1f276edca862b0316.jpg

Not sure if he used to come on this forum but some might remember from another forum a fella(Geoff) who was out on the Humber i think and had a seal grab a fish in his fish bag and it tipped him out the kayak he was in,he couldn't get back in and very nearly died if it hadn't been for someone on the shore that saw him in trouble and called the life boat.He was ok but sold his kayak,we've had them close to the boat and maybe have expected a big run from a reel but so far so good for us at the moment..

• Like 1

So can’t wait to go fishing if I get one pan size like last time itl cap a great day can garentee a cool bag full of smoked bacon . Treacle ham hocks some red poll beef and  and rare breed pork love Suffolk food might even have a plate of oysters to add to the projectile vomiting lol ?

F9C4965C-727C-4FF2-BA00-918204490B7D.jpeg

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 3
12 hours ago, green lurchers said:

So can’t wait to go fishing if I get one pan size like last time itl cap a great day can garentee a cool bag full of smoked bacon . Treacle ham hocks some red poll beef and  and rare breed pork love Suffolk food might even have a plate of oysters to add to the projectile vomiting lol ?

F9C4965C-727C-4FF2-BA00-918204490B7D.jpeg

No fecking pressure then :rolleyes:  :laugh:,been looking forward to it myself all week mate and see you on the quayside later...:clapper:

• Like 1

What a fecking day is all i can say, Green Lurchers might be along later with a pic or two but he might be to knackered with all the reeling in he had to do :laugh:. Met up at the quayside and had a good catch up natter while we got the boat and ourselves all ready for launch as it's been a couple of years since we last met up ,we then set off for the half hour journey to the mark in glorious sunshine with very little sea breeze and with a dropping tide all looked "just right" :yes:.We trolled a few lures for a few hours then beached the boat and got our legs wet with a bit of casting into some shallow water and at times it was tripple hook ups when trolling  and to many double hook ups to count both trolling and casting, a few good un's were caught by everyone and we had to drag ourselves away in the end in a very fading light. Even the journey back up the estuary was a good un with a pair of Hares out on a island going at it like Rabbits would ? and some Oyster catchers saying farewell to a pretty awesome sun set.The weather was first class,company first class and the fishing was first class :clapper:, a day to remember and :signthankspin: GL and we'll do it again  mate. :victory:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, fireman said:

What a fecking day is all i can say, Green Lurchers might be along later with a pic or two but he might be to knackered with all the reeling in he had to do :laugh:. Met up at the quayside and had a good catch up natter while we got the boat and ourselves all ready for launch as it's been a couple of years since we last met up ,we then set off for the half hour journey to the mark in glorious sunshine with very little sea breeze and with a dropping tide all looked "just right" :yes:.We trolled a few lures for a few hours then beached the boat and got our legs wet with a bit of casting into some shallow water and at times it was tripple hook ups when trolling  and to many double hook ups to count both trolling and casting, a few good un's were caught by everyone and we had to drag ourselves away in the end in a very fading light. Even the journey back up the estuary was a good un with a pair of Hares out on a island going at it like Rabbits would ? and some Oyster catchers saying farewell to a pretty awesome sun set.The weather was first class,company first class and the fishing was first class :clapper:, a day to remember and :signthankspin: GL and we'll do it again  mate. :victory:

Amazing day mate so much enjoyment great company just got me lips round a bottle of stella as always takes me a few hours to unwind from the driving but going over n over the great day had hauling the lures. Many thanks to both of yous great lads ? my keeper will be back swimming on the bbq tomoro ?

AA649640-84D7-4C04-908B-A0110697351F.jpeg

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, green lurchers said:

Amazing day mate so much enjoyment great company just got me lips round a bottle of stella as always takes me a few hours to unwind from the driving but going over n over the great day had hauling the lures. Many thanks to both of yous great lads ? my keeper will be back swimming on the bbq tomoro ?

AA649640-84D7-4C04-908B-A0110697351F.jpeg

Amazing it sure was :clapper: still buzzing off it and have been trying in my head to pick out the best bits of the day but it was just brilliant right from the moment of catching up with a pal you ain't seen for a while :drinks:,we recon around 75 odd Bass we landed between us yesterday and that's a spot to match anywhere for the sport of Sea Bass fishing. So enjoy your feast mate and proper chuffed it was a good day for you as it was a belter for us in every way and do well mate..:toast:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, fireman said:

Amazing it sure was :clapper: still buzzing off it and have been trying in my head to pick out the best bits of the day but it was just brilliant right from the moment of catching up with a pal you ain't seen for a while :drinks:,we recon around 75 odd Bass we landed between us yesterday and that's a spot to match anywhere for the sport of Sea Bass fishing. So enjoy your feast mate and proper chuffed it was a good day for you as it was a belter for us in every way and do well mate..:toast:

Gonna hop on board soon as you think tide is right , il bring me nephew fir a catch and Bbq cook up on the  island , catch a few cook a few drink a few and most deff bring a fly rod next time for a drop tide wading mission , I know for sure that was that left me buzzing 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Jealous as fcuk ☹️?? if there ever a spare couple spots in boat let me know, I reckon that be a great day out ?

Your more than welcome to come for a day out Don, we  got a couple of promises to carry out and i'll be in touch.We were talking about having a camp out down here and spend some relaxed time fishing,eating drinking and bullshitting each other, we'll deffo have sort it and will be seeing you soon..:victory:

• Thanks 1