• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had some decent bass from beach wit waders and patchinko surface lure some buzz when they take lure off surface all returned up to now will keep a nice pan size at some stage nice to see the bigger fi

What a fecking day is all i can say, Green Lurchers might be along later with a pic or two but he might be to knackered with all the reeling in he had to do . Met up at the quayside and had a good cat

Seems to be a good season for bass so far. Better than normal for some reason

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Still got that taste of wild bass in my mouth mate ??

We went out last sunday and spent 4 hours trolling and the only hook up smashed me to bits :doh:, but i'll give you a shout when there in in numbers and we can sort of expect to catch as such :victory:. We've a better boat now for that spot  you came out to and we've bought a offshore rib to get us out on the banks where the big girls live and we have plenty of seats on that so we'll have some Bass again for your table soon mate..:yes:..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, fireman said:

We went out last sunday and spent 4 hours trolling and the only hook up smashed me to bits :doh:, but i'll give you a shout when there in in numbers and we can sort of expect to catch as such :victory:. We've a better boat now for that spot  you came out to and we've bought a offshore rib to get us out on the banks where the big girls live and we have plenty of seats on that so we'll have some Bass again for your table soon mate..:yes:..

I look forward to it , can’t bring meself to eat them farmed bass last one I had was last time  I like that area you fish ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

I look forward to it , can’t bring meself to eat them farmed bass last one I had was last time  I like that area you fish ?

That place changes every year and it's sure different to last year and this year at low tide some large area's of shingle banks have appeared and it looks good wading chucking a lure water as well as the trolling around them,looking forward to meeting up again myself mate.:victory:..

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Easy 50 Bass to the boat today and a few real good un's as well ,just trolling a few lures and we also lost a few fish while bringing them in..Freezer stocked up with the one your allowed :laugh::feck:  and green lurchers we'll get out on a weekend the tide is right and your free mate..

• Like 3
20 hours ago, fireman said:

Easy 50 Bass to the boat today and a few real good un's as well ,just trolling a few lures and we also lost a few fish while bringing them in..Freezer stocked up with the one your allowed :laugh::feck:  and green lurchers we'll get out on a weekend the tide is right and your free mate..

Tell me when suits I drive up mate ?

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
22 hours ago, fireman said:

Good on you been returning a few of the ones over 6lb from the shore this year but just lately the trawlers have been hammering the place and coming in close. Sort of wondering what was the bloody point of putting my hard earned ones back though I get pleasure out if seeing them swim off as long as the freezer is full lol

• Like 2
Just now, terryd said:

Good on you been returning a few of the ones over 6lb from the shore this year but just lately the trawlers have been hammering the place and coming in close. Sort of wondering what was the bloody point of putting my hard earned ones back though I get pleasure out if seeing them swim off as long as the freezer is full lol

We (me and a pal) have been fishing this spot for a few years now and it produces a good number of Bass each year,we catch hundreds and most are legal but we just take what we think is right and a lot more go back than come home.We have spent a few quid and plenty of time and effort into having the right set up to fish where we do safely so we do what you do and stock then release..:laugh:..Have to say were planning a trip out to a bank 30 miles out soon where some lunkers live and it'll be a moment for me if i land a big fish that is a good 20 years old and it comes to knocking her on the head ..

4 minutes ago, fireman said:

We (me and a pal) have been fishing this spot for a few years now and it produces a good number of Bass each year,we catch hundreds and most are legal but we just take what we think is right and a lot more go back than come home.We have spent a few quid and plenty of time and effort into having the right set up to fish where we do safely so we do what you do and stock then release..:laugh:..Have to say were planning a trip out to a bank 30 miles out soon where some lunkers live and it'll be a moment for me if i land a big fish that is a good 20 years old and it comes to knocking her on the head ..

Yea got my cousin on a couple good ones a 10 and an 11 and he whacked them both. Well I had to do one as he didn't have his whacker. I didn't like doing it. I had an 8.11 which copped it and I regretted straight after and as I say a fair few  back as I have had a very good season so far. Its a bit of  a sad ending for a fish that had dodged anglers and nets trawlers and god knows what for all them years. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, terryd said:

Yea got my cousin on a couple good ones a 10 and an 11 and he whacked them both. Well I had to do one as he didn't have his whacker. I didn't like doing it. I had an 8.11 which copped it and I regretted straight after and as I say a fair few  back as I have had a very good season so far. Its a bit of  a sad ending for a fish that had dodged anglers and nets trawlers and god knows what for all them years. 

Ran out of likes but totaly with you mate...:yes:..

• Like 1

Had some decent bass from beach wit waders and patchinko surface lure some buzz when they take lure off surface all returned up to now will keep a nice pan size at some stage nice to see the bigger fish swim away after a good scrap atb taffey 

AF64973F-496F-4A00-86CD-31EB4DFF0F85.jpeg

• Like 12
On 08/06/2021 at 13:31, taffey said:

Had some decent bass from beach wit waders and patchinko surface lure some buzz when they take lure off surface all returned up to now will keep a nice pan size at some stage nice to see the bigger fish swim away after a good scrap atb taffey 

AF64973F-496F-4A00-86CD-31EB4DFF0F85.jpeg

To many sea gulls for us to use surface lures where we fish and it's a shame as we fish real shallow but stick out a surface and within seconds a empty sky is full of feckers one of which will get hooked up,had a family boat day yesterday and found a bit of time to have a quick fish with a few being caught but nothing special size wise.. 

Looking forward to weekend nearly there. Bit poor last weekend with just couple of 2lb and then this decent one 4.11.  Every tide is different and just a case of getting out there. Love the surge in the tide as it moves forward and then the fish follow it in and bang.

Beautiful fish mind

IMG_7845.JPG.7d37d70fa044f0fc99d09d9af810d628.JPG

IMG_7331.PNG.400415dac4662708920d16c38dfc9327.PNG

Edited by terryd
  • Like 3

Yer they a great fish and give yer some sport when hooked for sure fireman there’s places here were ya won’t use surface popper but the spot I fish is a bit of a hike but well worth it for the peace and quiet and no gulls ?other spot good for bass but seals everywhere so spoils it 

• Like 1

I was out yesterday, 50 min trek over boulders to a mark to find a full seal colony laid out on it lol, water still pretty coloured up here and ultimately blanked. Hopefully back out at the weekend.

• Sad 1