In breeding in lurches

22 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Take Straws from the dog outcrossing bitch now to something similar  in future put one most like you have back. To the straws from the dog ?? 
you breed brother sister we’re do you go after like Sandy said ?? Full brother sister off brotherx sister mating ? That’s Inbreeding not line breeding slippery slope mate ??

I could only say what I seen buddy I only seen one failure in 2 litters and that was because Molly was given to much to soon the rest took all quarry single handled ? and she wasn't out of the best producer in the original litter imo 

• Like 2

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was gifted a bitch bred that way..3/8 5/8 bull grey dog over beddy grey dam...only bitch pup in the litter came smooth coated 23tts.. proper little tool in her day,wasn't picky around a hole,or on the

I beg to differ on that 1 mate ain't many dogs that can catch heavy amounts of bunnies on any terrain day or night ferreted bushed egg and do it well there places I know where your average dog would s

I don't see that as a problem I see that as a sales pitch 

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Hunting by day and night said:

Thanks for the help lads I'll try it and see how it goes  nothing ventured nothing gained I suppose . 

I think your going to cement any underlying weaknesses in your dogs, breeding bro to sister, which will be hard to remove without outcrossing anyway later on. 

On 18/04/2021 at 14:28, Hunting by day and night said:

What's everyone opinion on in breeding lurchers. I've litter mates 9 year old dog and bitch both working 100 percent I bred the bitch to a dog two year ago but the pups didn't turn out  the way I wanted them to. Mother and father and grandmother and grandfather to these dogs were really good workers and I've no relations to these dogs left but want to keep the line going would yous recommend full brother full sister mating 

Could you not get hold of a greyhound bitch breed the dog to that keep a couple bitchs back and put the sire back to them in a few years? Just a thought tab 

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

Could you not get hold of a greyhound bitch breed the dog to that keep a couple bitchs back and put the sire back to them in a few years? Just a thought tab 

Makes sense to me I’d do the brother an sister mating then put the dog to a greyhound spread the seed an that that’s the outcrosses for the tight bred there then for down the road or if shit hits the fan ??

20 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Take Straws from the dog outcrossing bitch now to something similar  in future put one most like you have back. To the straws from the dog ?? 
you breed brother sister we’re do you go after like Sandy said ?? Full brother sister off brotherx sister mating ? That’s Inbreeding not line breeding slippery slope mate ??

My biggest regret was never asking the owner of the beddy greyhound dog I used as a stud if I could get some straws taken from his dog I was told I’d be a fool for not getting any. well I’m a fool it’s to late now the dogs sadly no longer with us I feel a little regret as I put it off asking now I’m sat here thinking that f1 to a decent greyhound giving me some genuine bred 1/4 bred beddy greyhounds would be a handy thing to have about an left me with loads of options to put back in 

30 minutes ago, poxon said:

My biggest regret was never asking the owner of the beddy greyhound dog I used as a stud if I could get some straws taken from his dog I was told I’d be a fool for not getting any. well I’m a fool it’s to late now the dogs sadly no longer with us I feel a little regret as I put it off asking now I’m sat here thinking that f1 to a decent greyhound giving me some genuine bred 1/4 bred beddy greyhounds would be a handy thing to have about an left me with loads of options to put back in 

Here’s a better plan for ya Ditch them collie beddys and get a racey first x bull grey or  3/4 grey 1/4 bull you’ll be enlightened ? atb?

• Haha 2
18 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

Here’s a better plan for ya Ditch them collie beddys and get a racey first x bull grey or  3/4 grey 1/4 bull you’ll be enlightened ? atb?

??na your alright mate to much dog for a mear mortal like me we been there with bull bred dogs before I find what I keep now more handy for a bit of everything bushing ferreting lamping easy to live with have a crack at anything without advertising a trade ??I take it you ain’t found what suits you your stuck in limbo or you’d not be scratching round the edges with greyhounds ?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, poxon said:

Well ask northernlite to put Bruce over ya bitch win win there for ya