New pup

4 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Bull x physically and mentally ?? Want stamina / recovery that’s all ? 
the coursing bred brings speed stamina and can read the land better than any dog mate 

you don’t want it physically like a bull x or you won’t have any stamina/recovery ?

when you put a coursing bred Lucas say he’s 2/3 saluki to a 5:8 grey 3/8 bull  

so when you lads doing these the dogs are quality because of the bull ? less than a quarter bull in em nearly half Sal and they got all quality’s from the bull ? ?

If it’s too light won’t be able to physically see the job through if it ain’t got the bull x mentality more then likely wont stay at it once it’s had a few and knows what its gonna get when it catches just my opinion 

• Like 1

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Carnt wait to pick my new pup up in 3 weeks time looking forward to running a new lurcher on black one mine atb longers01 

Cheers mate my mate lost his dog 2 weeks before with cancer gutted he was so someone dropped out on a bitch pup 2 days after id been and picked my pup up so he was buzzing he was at work i had a week

Pups growing 9 weeks old on Tuesday well happy with her atb longers01 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, mC HULL said:

the coursing bred brings speed stamina and can read the land better than any dog mate 

you don’t want it physically like a bull x or you won’t have any stamina/recovery ?

so when you lads doing these the dogs are quality because of the bull ? less than a quarter bull in em nearly half Sal and they got all quality’s from the bull ? ?

The line bred saluki greyhound wi other stuff mixed in rules supreme 

Just not got the same ring 2 it

1 minute ago, Busher100 said:

If it’s too light won’t be able to physically see the job through if it ain’t got the bull x mentality more then likely wont stay at it once it’s had a few and knows what its gonna get when it catches just my opinion 

?definately mate some Sal breds are light and small good hare dogs small bambi 

but a lot bitches and dogs Sal bred but more coursing bred are strong mate and will see things threw ?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Black neck said:

The line bred saluki greyhound wi other stuff mixed in rules supreme 

Just not got the same ring 2 it

? think for a lot a lamping daytime mooching the bull x to coursing dog throws some tidy animals mate ?

16 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

?definately mate some Sal breds are light and small good hare dogs small bambi 

but a lot bitches and dogs Sal bred but more coursing bred are strong mate and will see things threw ?

Depends what ya do mate not saying saluki x won’t see job threw odd time when they feeling fresh but would they do it again next night when they looking like a hippo in the face I think not ? different jobs different dogs and all that ? seen 7 coursing breds run only 2 would do A fox but they wouldn’t do foxs few nights on the trot like something with a bit of the right bull or terrier blood in it if someone has one with bull x heart I’d love to come up and see it ?

• Like 2
5 hours ago, mC HULL said:

When u X a coursing dog with a bull x for an all rounder or for more bigger game use , all you want from the coursing dog is wind and running brain nothing else, think this has all ready been said . That’s all you will get from the coursing dog at best , the rest is from the bull what u need and want to be out and carrying on going out doing it .

12 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

Depends what ya do mate not saying saluki x won’t see job threw odd time when they feeling fresh but would they do it again next night when they looking like a hippo in the face I think not ? different jobs different dogs and all that ? seen 7 coursing breds run only 2 would do A fox but they wouldn’t do foxs few nights on the trot like something with a bit of the right bull or terrier blood in it if someone has one with bull x heart I’d love to come up and see it ?

Different dogs for different jobs is half right mate but any male dog say 26tts 60lb should make light work of anything I don't do fox week in week out mate and always good slip mature fox and I'd expect very little damage 

7 minutes ago, Big Ron said:

When u X a coursing dog with a bull x for an all rounder or for more bigger game use , all you want from the coursing dog is wind and running brain nothing else, think this has all ready been said . That’s all you will get from the coursing dog at best , the rest is from the bull what u need and want to be out and carrying on going out doing it .

No bull x born would keep up with good sal bred on deer mate ? 

• Like 1

I'd say what I'd want from crossing coursing bred to bull x is a shorter muzzle more jaw power everything else is running dog a good sal or grey or bull have loads a prey drive mate ? 

Edited by mC HULL