New pup

Just now, mC HULL said:

Mate a winter hare will rip out a turns even the best coursing dogs will lose ground at first few turns mate ?

Yea I know that but losing 300ft in the first turn.. surely that ain't right..

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Carnt wait to pick my new pup up in 3 weeks time looking forward to running a new lurcher on black one mine atb longers01 

Cheers mate my mate lost his dog 2 weeks before with cancer gutted he was so someone dropped out on a bitch pup 2 days after id been and picked my pup up so he was buzzing he was at work i had a week

Pups growing 9 weeks old on Tuesday well happy with her atb longers01 

Posted Images

Just now, king said:

Yea I know that but losing 300ft in the first turn.. surely that ain't right..

I don’t work in feet mate ? a football pitch on field just shy a 100 yds been on enough to get the idea ? 

if a bull x had 100 yds to make up when it got the hare went one way dog carried on the other it would have a football pitch to make up at least ? ?

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I don’t work in feet mate ? a football pitch on field just shy a 100 yds been on enough to get the idea ? 

if a bull x had 100 yds to make up when it got the hare went one way dog carried on the other it would have a football pitch to make up at least ? ?

Feck off you daft twat ??

The dog turns the hare once and runs wide..then the hare is a football pitch distance away..what the feck are them hares drinking petrol. 

5 minutes ago, C.green said:

Go to where the hares are good and most lurchers aint catching em let alone bull xes. Ive killed bags with bull x types but where there ran alot on that big land your talking very silly indeed to think anything other than an exoerienced good animal is gonna do well seen good field dogs not even sniff one up the road

?you’ve seen same as me mate had to slip dog in or hare just going to run about taking the piss until the dog drops dead ? ?

4 minutes ago, king said:

Feck off you daft twat ??

The dog turns the hare once and runs wide..then the hare is a football pitch distance away..what the feck are them hares drinking petrol. 

Lol if your doing 40 plus mph in your car how long would it take for you to cover 100 yds lol 

Just now, mC HULL said:

Lol if your doing 40 plus mph in your car how long would it take for you to cover 100 yds lol 

I don't know mate..but I just can't see a hare making 100yds on a dog after 1 wide turn.they are fast mate..but you are talking peregrine falcon fast..

34 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Because I’ve seen countless king they don’t have speed stamina or brain for them mate 

Stamina maybe, but there are plenty of very fast bull X out there and with regard to brains they can be very smart animals. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Stamina maybe, but there are plenty of very fast bull X out there and with regard to brains they can be very smart animals. 

Stamina 100 % mate 

speed fast coursing bred and coursing grey be nothing in it first minute mate remember the more you run hard on the wet more you sink powerful runners are getting zapped for energy 

brains im talking a good coursing bred just kills em mate it’s not speed it’s not stamina it’s just got something in its head to make it be able to kill mate and if that’s not there it won’t make a hare dog 

a bull x would’nt slow up guard a wood let an hare go other way and then when away from cover tighten back up you can’t teach that a hare loves fast dogs snapping away behind ?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, C.green said:

You aint killing good hares on proper places with most lurchers let alone with a bull x. And if any bull x i owned ran like a good coursing dog in my opinion its a bad bull x. 

Lamping you need fast dog good mouth 

When every my mates people I know have bull x they fox mad that’s were they excel they don’t get them for bunny hare or bambi ?

13 minutes ago, C.green said:

You aint killing good hares on proper places with most lurchers let alone with a bull x. And if any bull x i owned ran like a good coursing dog in my opinion its a bad bull x. 

I agree mate.taking a bull x to these proper places that are basically the home of the saluki isn't going to work..

But a fit light bull x bumping into a hare in other places grass fields stubble etc.its a different scenario..

I’m not slagging bull x seen some quality and I can see litters like this in topic why lads like them ?if you get a coursing dog hardened up abit for the teeth you’ve got a very good allrounder 

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I’m not slagging bull x seen some quality and I can see litters like this in topic why lads like them ?if you get a coursing dog hardened up abit for the teeth you’ve got a very good allrounder 

Lamping hares i would imagine a bull x could manage a few mate..and tackle a fox later on ?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, king said:

I agree mate.taking a bull x to these proper places that are basically the home of the saluki isn't going to work..

But a fit light bull x bumping into a hare in other places grass fields stubble etc.its a different scenario..

King think of it like this a hare on big land can keep its eyes on the dog watching it while it’s running 

on small land a hare has to take its eyes off the dog and concentrate on cover obstacles etc 

then you have fact it’s not going miles at 40 plus mph ? 

then fact in wet land dog sinks hare doesn’t 

if I brought my dog small fields good going soft hares you’d think it was killling rabbits ?

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

King think of it like this a hare on big land can keep its eyes on the dog watching it while it’s running 

on small land a hare has to take its eyes off the dog and concentrate on cover obstacles etc 

then you have fact it’s not going miles at 40 plus mph ? 

then fact in wet land dog sinks hare doesn’t 

if I brought my dog small fields good going soft hares you’d think it was killling rabbits ?

Where are you living mate rough area.