Micro ferrets

At what size or weight do you classify a ferret to be a micro ferret. I have never weighed a ferret before. What should a ferret weigh to its size is their any formula for it as two of my ferrets are brother and sister and the female is almost one third of the size of her brother. I will post some pitchers of them later on today. 

• Thanks 1

size can vary greatly in litters. I have 2 dark Jill's one is a small lean jill which struggles to hold a rabbit just how I like them. the other is a lot stockier and heavier, built like a hob. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

What micro ferrets? Or you meant to be on big cat thread? of course the exist, they are loads of them, could get you some tomorrow if wanted, but why would anybody want em is the real question ??

Call them poacher pocket ferrets Spin a yarn that they don’t disturb nets ,kill below Say you been breeding them 500 years as your great granddaddy was a Warrener for King Harold but got laid off when copped the arrow and put extra nought on the price ??

• Haha 2

Does it really matter at the end I generally use cut bucks and in the of season take my Jill as well I have been very lucky to have not have to dig for a ferret for a very long time as our ground over here is exteremely hard and rocky and clay. That is the main reason for not using locaters on the ferrets as you would need a machine to dig out the ferrets. If you look up the return of the jcb by Simon white head on YouTube that is what we would be doing in Australia on a 2 foot dig. At the end of the day each to their own opinion on what ferrets you use. After watching a lot of videos on YouTube I can’t believe how many digs I see with people trying too get their ferrets back. 

• Like 1

At the end of the day ferrets are there to do a job for u YES u have to Dig to good ferrets [BANNED TEXT] happen if rabbits Don't bolt ferrets shouldn't walk away and leave them not intell they our dead then work on throughout the holes let's.put it this way [BANNED TEXT] if ur terrier walk out and left a.fox in the hole ?that's just my thinking lads 

• Like 1
On 19/04/2021 at 22:12, W. Katchum said:

It’s like everything diff strokes for diff folks ?

as I have always said there is proper ferreting, clearing rabbits for the landowner and that means digging to ferrets getting backed up. then there is mooching, picking off a few from small setts, as you go. 

• Like 1
On 18/04/2021 at 18:22, W. Katchum said:

Me an me lad just dig up a section a road so farmer could get to his water supply, an then jumped in motor to come home for tea an saw summat flipping about the road few hundred yards down, said to me lad watch this an thought it was gonna be a stoat or weasel wrestling with a bunny, got closer an it was just a rabbit itself, so stops car an me lad got out an stretched it’s neck, never had time to check it over properly but it was obviously suffering from summat, hope we got some rabbits left come the season ☹️

That will be RVHD2 I have seen it before it causes them to have a sort of epileptic fit, not nice. Hopefully it doesn’t hit to hard.