Micro ferrets

Talking to a lad the other day his got micro ferrets he says u never have to Dig to them. They Bolt all the the rabbits lol lol has any of use boys use these mythical ferrets that don't kill rabbits me personally I ues hob ferrets to push them out now not running these we ferrets down just want to see what lads think of them thanks 

Not exactly true mate .Not  a seperate type at all just small jills bred to small hobs .I’ve had them ,bred true and decent on rats .Cant say about rabbits as I hardly ever worked them .No more that a foot long and lithe .

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Foot long, that’s a normal ferret, micros are tiny, an aye they struggle to kill a decent sized rabbit an a lot times will still be on there’s back when the rabbit bolts, no you don’t dig to them as the rabbit just runs over top of them once it hears you with spade

as pets for kids, or even ferreting the odd spot you can’t have a lay up, then they okay, but for proper rabbiting I’d rather use a tortoise an a candle ?

Not round here it wasn’t .Much bigger ferrets than that were the norm when rabbits were about .Nose to tail foot long is a small ferret in my experience mate .Was years ago mind so might have been smaller ?

I like these small Jill's, i call them a poachers ferret. small setts around 6 holes they bolt rabbits well. what doesn't bolt they come off after 15 minutes or so. ideal when you can't be hanging around digging. now if your lucky enough to have permission and are doing a proper day's ferreting stick to the bigger Jill's or hobs?

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Wish we had rabbits here mate .Saw one last night and was a talking point like an otter .We were once overrun with them .

We were never overrun with them here but there was enough to keep you interested through the season and now like you say its a talking point if someone sees one.

They always got myxi in the autumn too and there was always enough to catch a few and breeding stock leftover. 

Last year we put father over daughter and brother over sister and got some good hobs ferrets now we don't need to breed this year but next year we will bring a different strain in to them we do that every couple of years to keep the line going ??