Dont suppose you are interested, but rather than talk to myself , i thought id bung my morning up here, Friday night i got my head down about 10 ish, woke up at 1 50 am . i needed the loo. thats me up for the day, to much on my mind, anyway, last night once again i got my head down again thinking with being up for best part of 18 hrs or so,thought i would sleep, not so anticipation kicked in of whats to come, am i doing the right thing moving 200 plus miles away from here, where ive lived for more than 30 years , to late now i tell myself, already signed for my new accomodation, booked the removal, cancelled this cancelled that, so  i was up on my feet again at around 3 am, loads to do, so got the washer on the go, bedding, curtains, and other bits, but theres nowt to keep me here, the only person that calls here is the postman, so yes i tell myself, pack your bags n get gone, 4 miles away from my daughter, sheltered housing with like minded people i hope ,like many other folks, its the loneliness thats getting to me whoever thought four , five years ago id be taking these steps eh ,   never a truer word spoke you never know whats next around the bend 

• Like 4

I;ll be a couple of hours drive away from where your going to Keith and there's room on my boat for you for a days fishing and there's room in my motor come winter for some trips round a shoot doing some pest control,you won't be on your own all the time bud..

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
11 minutes ago, fireman said:

I;ll be a couple of hours drive away from where your going to Keith and there's room on my boat for you for a days fishing and there's room in my motor come winter for some trips round a shoot doing some pest control,you won't be on your own all the time bud..

Well it was worth me putting my post up. just for that offer alone mate, and i thank you for your offer, summat for me to look forward to,  makes a nice change

thank you 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, fireman said:

If you were down there already i'd have popped round for a cuppa as i'm working just outside Colchester in Malden for the next couple of three weeks and i'd have found some time for you keith...

well mate , im moving on the 26th of this month 

• Like 1

Thanks Rich, trouble with me is im a born worrier , i make no apologies about that, but thinking long term, and rationally , i no deep down, im doing the right thing , anyone got an elecrtic cooker going spare, i bough a new gas cooker last year, and the place im going to is all electric,  lol

2 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

Well it was worth me putting my post up. just for that offer alone mate, and i thank you for your offer, summat for me to look forward to,  makes a nice change

thank you 

top man is fireman , he good company keith  it look after you mate, and what ken deputy   said  instant pot type thing sound just right for you mate . Regards lonelinells   keith  , thats one thing you got to come to terms with mate, my old man lost my mom, she died of  clot on the brain,  died 4 days, they been married  nearly 60 years. he was on his own for 5 years before he died cancer of the gut. b ut  i do know  one thing deff, that my old  dad got lonely  , he hated being on his own , he told lots of times when i visited him, we never got on when i was younger and mad, he never liked my boozing   and sleeping around ( shagging ) , he was never like me as young bloke , he met me mom , and that was it ,. But even though we were like couple  of our staffs going at each other, when we were both younger, he deff used enjoy my visits  to him in the week , when you feel bit sad or empty  keith  , always tell your self there plenty people like you , your not own your own mate   push it back  fight it  .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mate. I genuinely feel for you. I’ve read all the posts since it happened and am saddened. When I lost my younger brother I was inconsolable for a very long time. Now getting onto the cooker request. WHY. Today’s slow cookers and microwaves are absolutely the dogs bollocks. A very very god friend, 78 years young, swears by the things. He will never need to use a cooker again, not only because of the microwave, but because I take him at least 3 meals a week and a dozen eggs. The other week I took him a lovely haunch of venison which he lightly explained that he had prepared it in the MV. I couldn’t believe it but he assures me it was beautiful. Long and short of my narrative is that clearly there are alternatives for you to explore. Hope the move goes according to plan. Jok.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Go get yourself a hooker, and skelp the minky off her til your hearts content, make you feel alive again

I know you mean well well mate, and i suppose it would suit some, but im not some, its only a matter of 18 months since i lost my best mate, so i will leave it at that, i feel like im deserting her leaving here  here, but at some point in life, you have to think about yourself, 

Well; I have just eaten The Most fukking devastatingly Gorgeous lump of beef steak. Absolutely melt in the mouth material.

About two minutes, fifteen seconds per side. On a glass dish. In the microwave.

Think I'll have a home made curry, tomorrow. With all the home made trimmings. " Electric Oven " ? FFS! But, you crack on.

3 minutes ago, Night Walker said:

Will you be able to keep a dog at your new place Keith?

I was wondering who would be the first to ask me that, the answer is, no pets allowed , and that is a bitter pill for me to swallow, but swallow it i must, i could stop here and get myself a dog, or i can move home and be with company, and 4 miles away from my daughter