When Her Maj' Goes ...?

12 minutes ago, sandymere said:

It would be a good time to quietly close it down, the history palaces etc will still bring in the tourists without the need for the family.

Definitely  not ,they should  ramp it up and plaster the Union flag on every building in the country  ? get rid of parliament they are all useless anyway and put will and Kate in charge of everything..long live the king

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Definitely an affection for the current monarch that few before her could lay claim to. Her ascension at a young age, and following victory in WWII no doubt helped, and the length of her reign means people both old and young, and around the world, have just always known her as the queen. Chico has big boots to fill, but I don’t think he will reign long, before he hands on to Willie to ‘modernise’ the monarchy.
If Charles wants a legacy though, he might look at hanging his treacherous son, and the paedo brother from the Windsor ramparts.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Will anybody take a blind bit of notice of the royal family any more?

I mean, there's hardly a very charismatic line up left, is there?

I personally think William & Kate will be absolutely top class, they will carry it along in exactly the way the Queen would have wanted.

• Like 11
1 hour ago, sandymere said:

It would be a good time to quietly close it down, the history palaces etc will still bring in the tourists without the need for the family.

There’s a place for your head on the walls of Windsor castle when England finds its heart again......lol 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I’ve met Charles a few times and I’ve spent a few days with both wills and Harry. Charles is typical old school royal and will step in and be on for a few years. Wills is actually far more down to earth than you would think. He is obviously aristocracy so a world apart from us guys but he hasn’t got his head in the clouds and is fairly grounded. With Kate on his arm I think they will be a brilliant king and queen and will revitalise the monarchy .....

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, kanny said:

Definitely  not ,they should  ramp it up and plaster the Union flag on every building in the country  ? get rid of parliament they are all useless anyway and put will and Kate in charge of everything..long live the king

A few crusades and get the empire going again and we'll be right back on track ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
56 minutes ago, sid g said:

i think she`ll soon give it up give it a month she`ll talk to her public and within 6 month we`ll have a new king .. coronation oct/nov ,, 

I think she will die the queen mate, I think she understands that is what will complete what has been a historic monarchy.

• Like 3