Goodbye and thank you

22 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

Had a ride out to one of my old stomping grounds this morning, was like being born again, the euphoria i felt racing through my body back out where i belong, only problem being, no dog at my side, or should i say my owd Nell, my friend, anyways sure enough i bumped into the owd farmer i first got introduced to around 2015, he caught me poaching his land, i could see him on that day in the distance slowly driving his landrover, i knew he was watching me , no way out but to confront him, his words to me were, id rather you keep off my land at the moment, my sheep are in lamb, plus i have two big bulls on the loose, i explained to him that my dog was stock broken, that may be the case he says, but the very sight of you and your dog may stress the sheep out, and i fully understood him, and told i understand, but kept clear of the sheep on my mooch, so does that mean i have permission to roam your lands, cos theres plenty to go at, ya cheeky git he says, youve been roaming my lands for a good while, so we had a laugh about that, and boy did i nail some stuff on there , there was this wood on his land, i had to get on my hands n knees to get in, but boy was it worth it, hands n knees face to face with fox all in all even on my own no dog, i really enjoyed my freedom for a few hours, i could go on and on, lots of memmories, but im famished and i need food

Get some grub into you Keith an tell us more mate

My main objective of today, was to say goodbye to the many people ive met over the years, but sadly, i didnt get to meet many, either they have moved on, or snuffed it i dunno, but there  was was one landowner up in cheshire, they were nice people , i got talking with the lady who lived there i quite often bumped into her when out with Nell, she was an avid horse rider . she loved the nature of my dog, and it got me on there land doing the bunnies .so one day as she was grooming the horses , i happened to mention that id ridden a horse many years ago in lynton north devon, it was my way of asking, is there any chance of me mounting up, sure enough i was on that  horse on the double and boy didnt i enjoy myself , the places ive been, people ive met over the years , all because of my love for the outdoors. wildlife freedom, no matter what the weather out every day practically with my dog, stories n pictures on this forum to prove it just reminiscing lads 

• Like 9

Nice that Keith. I know them feelings. Funny just shows you how you can get some permissions if you have the gift of the gab and they take a shine to you. Really nice write up mate.

Good luck to you on your new venture Keith.

Cheers Arry

14 minutes ago, Arry said:

Nice that Keith. I know them feelings. Funny just shows you how you can get some permissions if you have the gift of the gab and they take a shine to you. Really nice write up mate.

Good luck to you on your new venture Keith.

Cheers Arry

thanks fer that arry, now this is completely off topic, but ive been sat around the back in glorious sunshine, , just what my old bones need, now then i see you are a devon man , and i remember,      wait for it,      perhaps late 50s early sixties , my parents took me on holiday to,  combe park lodge lynton north devon, , i got in with a real nice girl, and i even remember her name , Margaret challis, her parents owned a riding stable, and we went out riding daily i even remember the horses name fly, hello no dementia here or altzeimers   ,,         now afore i go onto the next topic, can someone tell me what year, and what date it is please eh  

• Haha 4
28 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

thanks fer that arry, now this is completely off topic, but ive been sat around the back in glorious sunshine, , just what my old bones need, now then i see you are a devon man , and i remember,      wait for it,      perhaps late 50s early sixties , my parents took me on holiday to,  combe park lodge lynton north devon, , i got in with a real nice girl, and i even remember her name , Margaret challis, her parents owned a riding stable, and we went out riding daily i even remember the horses name fly, hello no dementia here or altzeimers   ,,         now afore i go onto the next topic, can someone tell me what year, and what date it is please eh  

Nice memories Keith nice area too. Great thinking back mate the family across the road used to have a couple of ponies and I used to rake around with them go riding. They would put me on a pony called Tuppence and every thing was great I was no jockey Lol. But off we would go down the lanes my mate on his and Tuppence beside each other. BUT if we met a Red Tractor and most were red back then that was it Tuppence would have none of it she would turn around and trot back to the farm and there was nothing I could do about it Lol.

Cheers Arry