More pentagon confirmed UFO,s ??

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found faith a few yrs ago now,my Mrs and kids go to church couple of times a week, myself about twice a month..let folks believe what they want in my book... just don't try and push it on others?

There's millions or Christians left around the world , just because they don't shout about it or ain't manic in their beliefs don't mean there not out there ..

You really need to give it a go FD it might chill you out a bit ?

Posted Images

Forget it Francie ,your well aware but unable to answer the question just like the rest of your type mate .

Your the first to shout down evolution ,micro ,macro whatever but arnt able to put into words exactly what you believe in .

Its a reoccurring  problem with religion ,nobody knows what they are supposed to say therefore fall silent .You were there on the thread  last night watching ,waiting for someone to step up but no one did ,neither did you .

Chid hit the nail on the head by saying at a guess some Christians follow the teachings in the book and not a god ,a book written by men ,translated and distorted to suit current issues .

Written by men being the important bit .

9 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Based on what Rusty .Sorry for the questions mate ,honestly I don’t mean to come across as a dick . As a total non believer I’m intrigued as to how modern day man can conjure up anything beyond what’s physical .

Again mate ,not derogatory nor insulting just debate .

Intrigued as to how man can conjure up anything that's not physical? 

Now I'm not particularly religious so I'm really not defending any particular beliefs and certainly not organised religion. 

But...can you really get your head around the universe just going on forever? Why would it and where did it come from? 

Do you believe something as strong as love and hate came from a big bang? 

What about water divining....i know it sounds stupid...ive tried it though, I've held a bent bit of wire and felt them turn when walking over a underground drain. We can put man on the moon but we can't explain how a diviner finds things like that. Divining rods pick up other lines, these lines criss cross the world and Britain is full of them. And in the places where these lines cross you will find seats of worship that have been there thousands of years crossing numerous religious timelines. I think that's amazing. I dont have to be a signed up Catholic to realise that the great cathedrals sat in these places do have a power or at least a value to help the soul or give someone a strength or peace. 

I've had ghostly experiences and that's enough, for me at least, to say that in the age of space travel there are many things we don't understand. 

Read the Bible, not the old testament nessssaryly, but read it, obviously don't worry about the mental bits, and I'm not talking about picking bits out to prove a point, but read it. Again I'm not a fan of organised Christianity but the bible, like most religious texts contains a lot of value. 

... dont be an enthusiast, slanderer nor persecutor of religion.... 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, dogmandont said:

The question isn't the problem Timothy it's the condescending prick asking them. ?

If I could put it plainer for the divvies on here mate I would but there tis .Condescending yes ,arrogant yes but free of any desire to invite an apparition to into my life .Strong enough without turning to a book for instruction .Look  beyond your dislike for me and try answer the question please but I’ll not hold my breath on it .

From the age of 9 or 10 I’ve asked the very same question of teachers ,clergy and other Christians ,met with the same wall of silence or a barricade of abuse to shut me up lol .

If no one can describe what it is they look to then it’s no wonder people are turning away from it in droves and yes that’s happening .

1 minute ago, DIDO.1 said:

Intrigued as to how man can conjure up anything that's not physical? 

Now I'm not particularly religious so I'm really not defending any particular beliefs and certainly not organised religion. 

But...can you really get your head around the universe just going on forever? Why would it and where did it come from? 

Do you believe something as strong as love and hate came from a big bang? 

What about water divining....i know it sounds stupid...ive tried it though, I've held a bent bit of wire and felt them turn when walking over a underground drain. We can put man on the moon but we can't explain how a diviner finds things like that. Divining rods pick up other lines, these lines criss cross the world and Britain is full of them. And in the places where these lines cross you will find seats of worship that have been there thousands of years crossing numerous religious timelines. I think that's amazing. I dont have to be a signed up Catholic to realise that the great cathedrals sat in these places do have a power or at least a value to help the soul or give someone a strength or peace. 

I've had ghostly experiences and that's enough, for me at least, to say that in the age of space travel there are many things we don't understand. 

Read the Bible, not the old testament nessssaryly, but read it, obviously don't worry about the mental bits, and I'm not talking about picking bits out to prove a point, but read it. Again I'm not a fan of organised Christianity but the bible, like most religious texts contains a lot of value. 

... dont be an enthusiast, slanderer nor persecutor of religion.... 

I’m not persecuting anyone lol .

Ffs it’s just a question not aimed at anyone person ,open to all .

5 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

I’m not persecuting anyone lol .

Ffs it’s just a question not aimed at anyone person ,open to all .

Didnt say you were pal, just a nice line that I thinks important. And you missed the first word in that line, not to be an enthusiast either. Live your life and accept a bit of everything, take the positives and forget the negatives of everything. You sound like you could do with a bit of Buddhist meditation to chill your mind ??

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Forget it Francie ,your well aware but unable to answer the question just like the rest of your type mate .

Your the first to shout down evolution ,micro ,macro whatever but arnt able to put into words exactly what you believe in .

Its a reoccurring  problem with religion ,nobody knows what they are supposed to say therefore fall silent .You were there on the thread  last night watching ,waiting for someone to step up but no one did ,neither did you .

Chid hit the nail on the head by saying at a guess some Christians follow the teachings in the book and not a god ,a book written by men ,translated and distorted to suit current issues .

Written by men being the important bit .

What is it your asking FD?

1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

Didnt say you were pal, just a nice line that I thinks important. And you missed the first word in that line, not to be an enthusiast either. Live your life and accept a bit of everything, take the positives and forget the negatives of everything. You sound like you could do with a bit of Buddhist meditation to chill your mind ??

Buddhist monk chops off his own head with a guillotine to please Buddha | Daily Mail Online he wont be meditating anymore 

Edited by greg64
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, foxdropper said:

You see mate and I really can’t put it any simpler , in my world everything is black and white ,it either is or it isn’t .

Maybe this is the biggest stumbling block to your question mate, life for most people ISN'T black and white, but somewhere in the middle.

And when asked to describe what it is that they believe in, 'maybe' they feel a little awkward about it because it can't be seen, or they just feel they don't have to answer to anyone about their beliefs?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, baker boy said:

You're too old to be spending all night on the nest mate.......<<<( not Packham related )?

The result of being on the nest is why I was up awake most the night mate lol.  Our newest lad ( born march 09, a month early ) was a bit unsettled most of the night. ?

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Get your own back then. Every time the little shit goes to sleep turn the hoover on ? I miss when mine where baby’s, now they got far too much to say ☹️?

Lol mrs does enough hoovering, to cover the whole street!!  He's already 'stock broke' to that! Lol

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, sandymere said:

As I pointed out not all "believers" have "an earner" rather belief can be just a cultural norm, there is no real reward or decision making involved. 

I was referring to your last paragraph.....the bit about people who " believe " should automatically be Mother Theresa types.

22 hours ago, foxdropper said:

You surprise me Gnash .I’m proud of who I am and that’s an atheist .

Your problem is with yourself by the sounds of things .The sooner you come to terms with whatever you choose ,the prouder you will be .Not looking for a argument mate just stating it as plainly as I can in the style I would speak to anyone .

Its not a forceful stance mate .I’ve never told anyone they are wrong have I ,just voiced an opinion from time to time and engaged in discussion albeit direct and possible condescending but that’s me .Some people arnt used to be told straight and find it an insult .
I do find Christians weak in general therefore I voice an opinion .
Its not aimed at anyone specific but a few have taken personally .

The internet is a fickle place to try and get your point across so most times I go straight for a conversation killer .

Not many people engage with atheists ,even other atheists as some I’m sure want to keep their options open and hidden .Myself ,I’m a died in the wool atheist and proud to be so just as Francie and co are proud to be Christians .

Pride is something missing in today’s culture ,proud to belong is no longer a virtue ,proud to stand up for values is frowned on but as long as I draw breath I’ll do both and more .

Athiesm dosnt mean I do not know right from wrong nor do I not respect my fellow man ,I just see things far clearer without the third dimension attached to religion and the need to believe there is anything beyond that I see or hear .

You dont need to keep justifying direct speech mate i get it just say what you want to say.

What i dont understand is why you see believing or not believing almost like " taking sides "......and something to be " proud " of, like an achievement of some kind.....im a West Ham fan from East London im proud of that,im proud of the area,proud of the people and proud of the football club......but being proud in the possibility that God exists ???....thats possibly one of the strangest things ive ever heard !

Again,i believe that Monday follows Sunday ....i dont feel a need to explain it and i certainly dont feel proud of it.....what you are suggesting i should have pride in is just such a bizarre concept to me i dont really even know how to respond.

Edited by gnasher16