More pentagon confirmed UFO,s ??

2 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Many people take pride in their beliefs, whatever they are, i find the reason for the beliefs more interesting than the pride. People born in Christian countries tend to align themselves to Christianity, those from Muslim countries will be Muslim etc etc. If it was just about one being more believable we would expect a drift towards the most believable but we don't see that, which would lead us to a more cultural reason than just belief in a particular religion. For many i think its just habit to have a general belief in a god as a cultural norm rather than a true religious feeling.

Ps as an aside if it was just belief one would expect that people who call themselves Christians would behave in a Christian manner but what we often find is that they behave in a most unchristian manner.

Haha you haven't a clue about Christianity sandy,Christians ain't perfect far from it,same as non believers ain't perfect,but as you say theres like warm Christians out there say they are but dont act like it. 

As the lord says

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found faith a few yrs ago now,my Mrs and kids go to church couple of times a week, myself about twice a month..let folks believe what they want in my book... just don't try and push it on others?

There's millions or Christians left around the world , just because they don't shout about it or ain't manic in their beliefs don't mean there not out there ..

You really need to give it a go FD it might chill you out a bit ?

Posted Images

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Nope, not read the bible.  Having to study R E in school was enough to convince me that it's full of hypocrisy and bullshit.

Haha fair enough shark that's upto you,but I would say it's you is the hypocrite,you haven't read it but call it bullshit,but that's upto you 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Many people take pride in their beliefs, whatever they are, i find the reason for the beliefs more interesting than the pride. People born in Christian countries tend to align themselves to Christianity, those from Muslim countries will be Muslim etc etc. If it was just about one being more believable we would expect a drift towards the most believable but we don't see that, which would lead us to a more cultural reason than just belief in a particular religion. For many i think its just habit to have a general belief in a god as a cultural norm rather than a true religious feeling and for those it will be less about pride anymore than being proud Saturday comes after Friday, its just an accepted norm.

Ps as an aside if it was just belief one would expect that people who call themselves Christians would behave in a Christian manner but what we often find is that they behave in a most unchristian manner.

I will never understand why non believers continually think there has to be an earner out of " belief ".......surely the whole essence of " belief " is that you dont need bribes or reward you just believe because you do.....or can only nice people " believe " ?

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, Francie said:

Haha fair enough shark that's upto you,but I would say it's you is the hypocrite,you haven't read it but call it bullshit,but that's upto you 

Read what I wrote a little clearer mate.  I said we had to study R E in school, which involved reading a few passsages etc from the bible, as you will know yourself, but I haven't read ALL the bible. ?

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

I will never understand why non believers continually think there has to be an earner out of " belief ".......surely the whole essence of " belief " is that you dont need bribes or reward you just believe because you do.....or can only nice people " believe " ?

As I pointed out not all "believers" have "an earner" rather belief can be just a cultural norm, there is no real reward or decision making involved. 

4 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

You have probably made my point for me mate....am i " proud " to be a Christian ?.....no,why would i be " proud "  ?....and thats what i find so bizarre about this whole absolute,categorical and forceful stance people like you take on the subject i mean people who believe Monday follows Sunday dont need to be proud of it or even explain it let alone shout it from the rooftops.

Im not totally convinced but i have a certain faith in God and thats good enough.

You surprise me Gnash .I’m proud of who I am and that’s an atheist .

Your problem is with yourself by the sounds of things .The sooner you come to terms with whatever you choose ,the prouder you will be .Not looking for a argument mate just stating it as plainly as I can in the style I would speak to anyone .

Its not a forceful stance mate .I’ve never told anyone they are wrong have I ,just voiced an opinion from time to time and engaged in discussion albeit direct and possible condescending but that’s me .Some people arnt used to be told straight and find it an insult .
I do find Christians weak in general therefore I voice an opinion .
Its not aimed at anyone specific but a few have taken personally .

The internet is a fickle place to try and get your point across so most times I go straight for a conversation killer .

Not many people engage with atheists ,even other atheists as some I’m sure want to keep their options open and hidden .Myself ,I’m a died in the wool atheist and proud to be so just as Francie and co are proud to be Christians .

Pride is something missing in today’s culture ,proud to belong is no longer a virtue ,proud to stand up for values is frowned on but as long as I draw breath I’ll do both and more .

Athiesm dosnt mean I do not know right from wrong nor do I not respect my fellow man ,I just see things far clearer without the third dimension attached to religion and the need to believe there is anything beyond that I see or hear .

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Francie said:

Haha you haven't a clue about Christianity sandy,Christians ain't perfect far from it,same as non believers ain't perfect,but as you say theres like warm Christians out there say they are but dont act like it. 

As the lord says

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Do you consider yourself superior to someone like myself Francie .If so why ,if not why not or do you consider all fellow men as equal .

18 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Special place in hell with the Devil for your sort ?

That sounds like something a muslim would say for a non believer drawing a cartoon of muhammed..

So what do you think should happen to the band faithless then.they sang "god is a dj" do you think they should be burnt on the cross..

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Do you consider yourself superior to someone like myself Francie .If so why ,if not why not .

Because we're created equal in Gods image,of course I'm not superior,I'm human like yourself

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Francie said:

Because we're created equal in Gods image,of course I'm not superior,I'm human like yourself

Is God omniscient?

Are you a slave to God or is it your  free will to choose?

• Like 1