More pentagon confirmed UFO,s ??

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found faith a few yrs ago now,my Mrs and kids go to church couple of times a week, myself about twice a month..let folks believe what they want in my book... just don't try and push it on others?

There's millions or Christians left around the world , just because they don't shout about it or ain't manic in their beliefs don't mean there not out there ..

You really need to give it a go FD it might chill you out a bit ?

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, baker boy said:

None of my business what you get up to mate, I just cant fathom why you'd want to share something like that with all and sundry, guess we're all diffent

I suppose so mate..worst things happen at sea they recon ?

17 hours ago, foxdropper said:

I’m guessing your proud to be a Christian Gnash ,likewise I’m proud to be an atheist .
Where have I once stated I want to try tell you otherwise mate .I’m proud to be me mate and couldn’t care less what you believe but I have an opinion and your going to hear it .

Taking it to another level is your problem bud .I neither care nor desire to know about your god and how weak I need to be to want anything other than my own judgement .

Id turn your statement a full 360 mate .Most atheists don’t  give a damn about Christians but most Christians feel the need to spread the message to anyone who will listen .Makes them feel stronger in the face of personal weakness .

The belief something is out there beyond your own thinking is so far reaching to me to be laughable on the one hand and on the other ,people to avoid .Ive said it many times ,life is very simple to me ,everything is black and white without the clutter of apparitions .

Hope that sums it up mate .

You have probably made my point for me mate....am i " proud " to be a Christian ?.....no,why would i be " proud "  ?....and thats what i find so bizarre about this whole absolute,categorical and forceful stance people like you take on the subject i mean people who believe Monday follows Sunday dont need to be proud of it or even explain it let alone shout it from the rooftops.

Im not totally convinced but i have a certain faith in God and thats good enough.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, shaaark said:

Yep, I think so.  My father in law is really into astronomy, the beginning of life on earth etc etc.  I just wish I had his enthusiasm and knowledge about it, so I could reel off a few facts on here.

Can't paste and copy scientific facts about carbon dating, which PROVES the earth is MILLIONS of years old, never mind 6000 lol, so I guess these arguments about evolution v god's creation will go on and on lol. ?

Carbon dating is far from perfect sharrk mate

2 minutes ago, Francie said:

Carbon dating is far from perfect sharrk mate

I'd say it's a tad more accurate than the bible though. ? ?

No, I haven't even looked at that link you put up. ?

Edited by shaaark
Just now, shaaark said:

I'd say it's a tad more accurate than the bible though. ? ?

Have you read the Bible to see,or just assuming shark? 

Carbon dating has many a flaw,just thought I'd share that with you.

Many people take pride in their beliefs, whatever they are, i find the reason for the beliefs more interesting than the pride. People born in Christian countries tend to align themselves to Christianity, those from Muslim countries will be Muslim etc etc. If it was just about one being more believable we would expect a drift towards the most believable but we don't see that, which would lead us to a more cultural reason than just belief in a particular religion. For many i think its just habit to have a general belief in a god as a cultural norm rather than a true religious feeling and for those it will be less about pride anymore than being proud Saturday comes after Friday, its just an accepted norm.

Ps as an aside if it was just belief one would expect that people who call themselves Christians would behave in a Christian manner but what we often find is that they behave in a most unchristian manner.

Edited by sandymere
  • Thanks 1

If we are doing this stuff on other planets then it easily  conceivable that other civilisations are doing the same, maybe here on earth ?

We are just in the infant stages of  exploration, imagine what a civilisation with a million years on us would be capable of. 

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Francie said:

Have you read the Bible to see,or just assuming shark? 

Carbon dating has many a flaw,just thought I'd share that with you.

Nope, not read the bible.  Having to study R E in school was enough to convince me that it's full of hypocrisy and bullshit.

• Like 1