CRAYFISH TRAP MYSTERY

I found a trap that had been overlooked when i was first shown fresh water Mussels around ,and i think the fish must have grown, there what is left of the fish almost filled the trap another trap was full fresh water Mussels was dredged out

IMG-20210416-WA0006.jpg

Yeah, so, this Isn't something you get to hear every day. Just so happens I heard it.. And it sort of solves the mystery.

Had a friend, John T. He was, at the time, the patriarch of a family run pet shop that's, now, four generations deep and going strong. And he once told me the damndest thing.

Seems, when he was a youngster, he ran an errand to this old ladies house. And she had a fish, in a tank. Not a massive tank, I'd imagine. But, the fish completely filled it.

Obviously, John is as 'WTF?!' as anyone would be. This bloody great fish. Sat in this tank. Nose to one end and tail to the other? HOW?! WHY?!?

The old dear just said the fish had always lived in there. Since she'd got it. (Here's the bit, Micky!) And that she changed its water, several times a day. Every day. Had done for years. Of course, she fed it. And it thrived and grew.

Now, translate that to Your fish, caught in a trap, in a river, as a tiddler? Water's flowing. So, ever changing. There'd be food floating through the trap. See? Same situation.

And, it seems, both fishes ~ trapped as they grew till they couldn't move ~ grew to fit their prisons. As long as they had fresh water and food.

I'd never suggest anyone get a fish and replicate that with it. But, John was no fukking liar. And I can't see Micky dreaming up His story, just to get us at it either.