Breeding

Hi lads has any one Bred a collie dog to a whippet greyhound bitch or seen these we dogs in the field [BANNED TEXT] our they like is there much wastage if they throw to much to the collie I haven't see them before over here just wondering [BANNED TEXT] they would be like thanks 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like that stamp of jukel for rabbiting in the Hedgerows and Ditch bottoms,..mine suit me fine for that old job..?    

Can't stand thinkers running  With there head in the air trying to work things out 

Same as any litter there will be wastage no matter what but it’s depending on what the owner of the pup wants an expects for it to be called wastage or not one man could like cloddy types were as anot

think few lads on here , like that way bred in there lurchers , most people go with the dam as the running dog anyway, but should not really make any difference on paper , as its 4/8 collie going over the bitch . But they do say that the bitch dictate   more of the genes , i think that right as well , my big dog dam was a gsd , the sire the greyhound , all the litter threw alot to the dam i think , but got that bit more height from the sire .

• Like 2

Same as any litter there will be wastage no matter what but it’s depending on what the owner of the pup wants an expects for it to be called wastage or not one man could like cloddy types were as another man likes em racey or likes fast lamp dogs were as another could want a Warren thinking type dog it’s only really wastage to your self if you’ve personally picked the wrong dog for your own needs you can’t call it wastage for someone picking the wrong dog for there needs 

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

At the moment just thinking out loud if anyone had done it But u our right one person needs our Different from another mans I was think more of a collie x greyhound Dog 

Collie greyhound x whippet greyhound sounds perfection for most peoples needs cleaver enough an fast enough for every occasion bet there would be little wastage out of the litter the only wastage your get is if someone can’t train a dog an blames downfalls on the dog 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Ferretman65 said:

Hi lads has any one Bred a collie dog to a whippet greyhound bitch or seen these we dogs in the field [BANNED TEXT] our they like is there much wastage if they throw to much to the collie I haven't see them before over here just wondering [BANNED TEXT] they would be like thanks 

I've not bred any mate but here's a couple I've worked the past few seasons https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebHRoplz3ag, there's more clips of them on my channel if you have a look mate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QAHbZCQ0A4 ?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, poxon said:

Collie greyhound x whippet greyhound sounds perfection for most peoples needs cleaver enough an fast enough for every occasion bet there would be little wastage out of the litter the only wastage your get is if someone can’t train a dog an blames downfalls on the dog 

The down fall in them is when you give them plenty of work they start using their head too much mate is what I've found. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Trev70 said:

The down fall in them is when you give them plenty of work they start using their head too much mate is what I've found. 

Can't stand thinkers running 

With there head in the air trying to work things out 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
47 minutes ago, Trev70 said:

Herding types work them hard by 3 they have 100% catch rate only chase what they know is catchable ? ?? 

16 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Not many on here would ever know about that ??

How many seasons until your herder x started picking runs mate ? ?? 

how are them kelpies mate they start with the cleverness like a collie ?